For Your Rougher Days

For Your Rougher Days

It's a bad day, not a bad life.

4
For Your Rougher Days

Life is hard, obstacles make it harder. We've all unfortunately been through these rough patches here and there but one thing is for sure; we’re here and we made it. Some of us barely, and others who fell over the ledge a little but managed to pull themselves back over. Life is a hard race to run but who’s to say that it isn’t worth it?

Today, tomorrow and everyday after that will be a new battlefield, be proud of yourself for having the courage to get up and get out there. If you need a little inspiration to get you going, here's a short little personal reminder to share with yourself about how far you’ve come and how far you’re going to go.

Dear past, present and future self:

I’ll start off by saying this, I’m so proud of you. I just can’t seem to tell you enough. I’m proud of all the things you’ve accomplished so far and things yet to come. For always sticking up for yourself when you were the only one that would. For all the times you pushed yourself to be the better person even though you were tempted not to be. For saying no to that extra bite of food knowing you’ll be miserable within the next 10 minutes. For waking up an extra hour early just to eat breakfast and make time for a quick workout session.

For sucking it up and showing up for work or class anyways regardless of the pounding headache or sinus infection distracting you. For taking the insults or rude criticism with a smile on your face because you know backlashing isn’t worth it. For choosing water over that Dr. Pepper you’ve been craving all week to keep from being bloated in order to fit into that crop top you’ve been looking forward to wearing. Also, for still rewarding yourself with those occasional cheat meals or candy bars. For all nights you stayed up studying for those tests you knew you didn’t count towards much. For being the friend you knew that you would want as your own. For looking in the mirror and reminding yourself that you’re worth something. For walking away from things that continuously tore you down and hurt you. For reminding your friends and family how much they mean to you. Which speaking of, for not only reminding them but for also showing them as well because actions always speak louder than words. For procrastinating on every assignment but still putting in the same amount of effort to make that good grade. For apologizing first because losing a friendship hurts more than losing an argument. For going that extra mile to get those extra credit points even though it meant going out of your way. For walking away from the boy who no longer valued your worth and broke your heart without bothering to fix it. For turning the other cheek and standing your ground when necessary. For the ability to admit you’re wrong and being able to accept it. For turning to God in times of need and for trusting that His timing and judgment is never wrong or off track. For being open-minded and seeing both sides to every story. For not giving up on people who would’ve easily given up on you. For taking the road less traveled even though the path may look rocky and unstable. For always using your manners whether it be at dinner, events, or just out in public. For teaching yourself new hobbies and embracing all the old ones. For being able to hold yourself together when the world around you seems to be falling apart. For all the words of encouragement you share may it be towards yourself, friends, family, or strangers. For offering to do favors without ever expecting anything in return because you do it for the satisfaction of helping others.

And lastly but most importantly, for loving yourself because nowadays that’s so rare. You are so greatly cherished.

I will praise You , for I am fearfully

and wonderfully made;

Marvelous are Your works,

And that my soul knows very well.” Psalms 139:14