Words From Anti-Trump and Trump Supporters: Post-Election Day | The Odyssey Online

Words From Anti-Trump and Trump Supporters: Post-Election Day

A Compilation of Quotes after Election Day, and My Two Cents.

8
Barron's

As you have probably heard, anti-Trump protests have broken out across the country, and previously quieted Trump supporters are now speaking out after the results of the election.

So, in regards to recent events such as the violence in Chicago, fires in California, and the riot in Oregon, here is a compilation of quotes from pro-Trump and anti-Trump Americans, along with my opinion on the matter.

1. “New York City is like a megaphone to the entire world. It’s important that we’re protesting here because it will inspire and influence other people to start protesting.”

-Elijah Newman, New York

2. “I know he’ll build the wall. I know he’ll take care of the Syrian refugee problem. I know he’ll get rid of Obamacare. There is not a chance in hell he won’t do those things.”

-Laura Czarniak, Michigan

3. “I think we’re seeing a mix of emotions, from excitement and some fear to somewhere in between.”

-Jeanne Mancini, Florida

4. “It’s like a sick feeling in your stomach. Maybe I’m not welcome here anymore.”

-Unknown, New York

5. “People are burning flags. This is not a joke.”

-Bethenny Frankel, New York

6. “There’s pride that work is going to be available and work is going to be created, and that includes working on the wall if he decides to build one after all.”

-Martin Cifuentes, Texas

7. “Not my president.”

-Crowd of protestors, Oregon

8. “Now I can wear my hat, no one’s gonna throw rocks at me.”

-Donald Knoxz, New York

9. “I feel it's important to voice that I have serious concerns about this President-elect and the racism, sexism, xenophobia and so much more that does not represent me or so many in my life. The mood here is peaceful, positive and energetic.”

-Lauren Peck, Minnesota

10. “I think a new form of campaigning has emerged, more emphasis on the digital social media.”

-Matt Shupe, California

As you can see, the public is filled with mixed emotions, disappointment, and relief, all at the same time. There is celebration by those who now feel they have a voice, and by those who feel they will now be silenced. One thing, however, is shared between those who stand with Trump, and those who do not, and that is the hostility towards one another. America is in a state of turmoil, but violence and hate is not the answer. I believe we must listen to others and not shut down, or belittle them for their opinions. After all, as humans we hold the “freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.” (Universal Declaration of Human Rights)

With that, I wish you all peace and that you would share positive messages at this time.

I’m with you, America.