Words Of Advice From "Finding Dory"

Words Of Advice From "Finding Dory"

11 quotes of advice from "Finding Dory" that you will never be too young to hear.

636
Words Of Advice From "Finding Dory"
Fandango

We all remember "Finding Nemo." The way it made us laugh and feel the love and comfort of family. At a young age, this movie taught us the meaning of home. Yet, years later, the lessons in the story are just as relevant. Maybe even more. The nostalgia of the love of the classic children's movie and our need to find a sense of home even after all these years brings us to be obsessed with "Finding Dory" just as we were with Finding Nemo. After watching "Finding Dory," I am left feeling content as well as inspired by the simple lessons Dory and her friends have taught us (not to mention awe-struck by baby Dory). It seems that no matter what age you are, some things never change. So here are 11 quotes of advice from "Finding Dory" that you will never be too young to hear.

1. “The best things happen by chance.” – Dory

Dory teaches us that we can't always predict the future and things don't always go according to plan and that's okay. It's usually for the best.

2. After following the shells back home... "It means you can do whatever you put your mind to.” – Jenny, Dory’s mom

Even when something seems impossible, if you really want it then you can do it.

3. "Not everything in life is easy to do" “When something is too hard, you should just give up…..There is always another way.” – Dory’s Parents, Jenny & Charlie

Another reminded that you can do anything you put your mind to. Dory's parents also remind us that it's okay to joke a little. It's also okay to do things in an unconventional way.

4. "We will never forget you Dory, and we know you will never forget us." - Dory's parents, Jenny & Charlie

As Wiz Khalifa would say "how can we not talk about family when family is all that we got?" Looks like Pixar and Disney are on the same page with him here.

5. "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming." - Dory and Dory's parents

The classic Dory reminder that never goes out of style. I still say this to myself to this day.

6. “Do you know how we found you? We were having a really hard time until Nemo said, ‘What would Dory do?’” –Marlin, Nemo's dad

Sometimes we get caught up on what is "normal", that we forget that everyone is unique and special in their own way. We should embrace that more often.

7. "Migration is about going home." - Mr. Ray

As life takes us on new adventures, we should never forget the people that matter most to us and where we come from. Home is forever.

8. "Newsflash! No one is fine." - Hank the Octopus

Who knew an Octopus (technically a Septipus) would be wise? If you're having a rough day, don't pretend to be okay. It's okay to ask for help, and it's okay to be honest with others when you're not fine.

9. "I know you're scared but you can't give up." - Dory

You are only as brave as you let yourself believe. Part of being strong is facing your fears.

10. "You remembered. You remembered in your own unique way Dory." - Dory's mom, Jenny

Just as Marlin and Nemo reminded us earlier, there isn't one way to do things. Sometimes you can't do things the same was as someone else, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

11. Marlin: "It really is quite a view."
Dory: "Yup. Unforgettable."

And my favorite. It's easy to get wrapped in the world around us, but sometimes we need to sit back, take a deep breath, and notice the beauty in the world.