Winter Break As Told By The Property Brothers | The Odyssey Online

Winter Break As Told By The Property Brothers

Johnathan and Drew know all.

12

Few things make college students more excited than getting a break from school does. However, about mid-way through winter break, we all start needing a break from our break. For me, this break ended up with me binge-watching HGTV. Without further ado, here's a rundown of the most important parts of winter break as told by the Property Brothers.

The break starts once you finish all your finals, finally realizing that you are done with all the tortures of Fall semester's classes and moving on to a solid month or so of doing nothing.

Then you go home, and you realize that just because you thought you wouldn't have to take care of yourself for a while doesn't mean you don't. It's likely that you'd forgotten how different life at home is, especially if you have siblings who want to put their chores off on you.

Inevitably, there will be some holiday tradition, like taking pictures for your family's holiday greeting card, that you will be forced to participate in. They usually wind up looking something like this.

Then there's family dinner, which takes forever to cook. It's a pain to sit in the house and socialize with everyone while you have to smell all the food that you can't even touch.

Finally, you'll get to Christmas (if you celebrate it), and get to the gifts. It's always a mad dash to grab your gifts and open them.

But there's always that one gift that you just don't know what to do with, usually from and estranged aunt or senile grandparent. You always have to accept it with a smile and an over-zealous exclamation of thanks.

After Christmas, the rest of your break is fairly boring. You might spend some time hanging out with friends from home, or you might just relax in your room. Usually, anyone who manages to get you out of bed is just dragging you about like this:

The final hoorah of winter break is New Year's Eve, the final chance to make the best out of the current year. No matter if it's spent with family or friends, it's sure to be a night to remember.