Why You Hate To Love 'The Bachelor,' But You Do | The Odyssey Online

Why You Hate To Love 'The Bachelor,' But You Do

And the final rose goes to...

15

It's that time of year again—your favorite guilty pleasure has arrived... "The Bachelor."

Now, boys (excluding the very few that indulge with us), before you make fun of our obsession, let's get some facts straight. We know it's dumb. We know it's a petty thing to spend far too much time obsessing over. We know it probably isn't the love spectacle we should be hoping for...considering most of the relationships don't work out.

Nonetheless, it is the most popular television show on air each season. It never fails.

Here are a few reasons why:

1. The men.

Seeing a man like that in a suit makes you understand why women are giving up their lives for six months. Let's not forget he's 6 feet, 5 inches. And perfect. Anyway, I don't think there's ever been an overall bad-looking man on this show ever. Their character I can't vouch for, but I'll leave that to the women on the show.

2. Making your bets.

In case you didn't know how this works, there are 25 women and only one man. There's nothing like sitting down with your girlfriends at the beginning of the season and making your bets on which women will be there by the time hometown dates come around. We all do it, and frankly, I don't think any of us ever get it right, but you still feel like you're a part of something.

3. The stories the women come up with to be remembered.

I highly doubt all of you perfect-looking women have gone through as many excruciating breakups as you say to have caused you to be ready to find love, but real or not, they're definitely convincing. Some just funny. No disrespect to you, ladies—we all know you gotta do what you gotta do.

4. Chris Harrison.

Dramatic. Hilarious. Facial expressions on point. Never failing to poke fun of the token weirdo of the season. What more could you want in a host?

5. The drama—who can resist a good ugly cry?

Sorry, but it's funny, and one of the main reasons the show even gets viewers. Sometimes, it's like the women forget what they sign on for when they come to "The Bachelor" mansion. Example: you're crying because he didn't make specific eye contact with you in a room of 27 absolutely stunning women? ...Good luck on this show, girlfriend.

6. The places they travel to.

Just to name a few: Ireland, Bali, New Zealand, Rome, South Africa, Thailand.

Aka places we may never travel to in a lifetime. Unreal date goals.

7. Last, but not least, the romance.

Of course, there is a bigger reason why we fall for the show season after season. Those few couples that you end up loving in the end, whether they stick it out in the real world or not, make watching the season worth it. As if we made a contribution to the world, helping those two find their "person." ...Not really, but something like that.

Happy Season 20 to all!