Why You Deserve To Be Alone Right Now | The Odyssey Online

Why You Deserve To Be Alone Right Now

Just hear me out on this.

813
Why You Deserve To Be Alone Right Now
FAVIM.com

You deserve to be alone right now. You don’t deserve to be with that person, the one you’re chasing or waiting on or are hoping will notice you. You don’t deserve to have them fall for you or come back to you. You deserve to be alone, because you deserve so much more than this.

I was once told these words that I think everyone needs to hear, understand and believe:

“You are worth every single ounce of energy, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”

You deserve to be alone, because you deserve someone who will give you that, every single ounce of energy. If nobody is willing to do so right now, then don’t bother wasting your time. What they have to offer you is not enough, because you are worth so much more than that.

Every single ounce of energy. That may seem like an exaggeration or an overstatement, but just think about it. If you had the opportunity to make the person you care about happy, wouldn’t you do it? What about if it cost you some time? What if it meant you had to be vulnerable? What if you had to go out of your way to do so? If you really care about this person, you would still do it, despite all of these things — if it meant you were making them happy. That is putting forth every single ounce of energy. Going the extra mile to make the other person happy. If someone isn’t comfortable pursuing you because it takes too much “energy” to go the extra mile, then is that really someone who deserves you? Not at all.

If they are not willing to spend time pursuing you, then do not give them any of your time. If they are not willing to be vulnerable with you, then do not give them your heart. If they are not willing to go out of their way to make you happy, then stop going out of your way for them because they don't deserve it.

You are worth every single ounce of energy. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. It may suck having to be alone right now, but it’s better to be alone than to be unappreciated. It’s better to be alone than to be treated less than what you’re worth. It’s better to be alone because one day, someone will come around who will see that you deserve so much more, and they will put forth that effort to pursue you. That is when everything will fall into place and you will realize that being alone right now was absolutley and completely worth it.