Why Massage Therapy Is the Next Boom in Health Care

Introduction

32

the need for massage therapy in medical settings increases, it is increasingly important to have more positions for the therapist

Today, more people are learning about the various health benefits of massage therapy. As a consequence of this, lots of individuals are going for massages as they try to explore how professional and strategic manipulation of muscles and other tissues can aid wellbeing.

Given this, many hospital settings are giving more room to massage therapy. Whether through requests by clients or recommendations by medical experts, more patients are getting massage therapy. As a result of this, many experts in the health sector consider massage therapy the next boom in health care. But why is massage therapy the next boom in health care? Let’s check out the points below:

• Massage therapy offers exceptional medical benefits

Traditionally, massage therapy is known as a treatment that allows an individual to relax and get rid of accumulated tensions causing stress. However, recent studies have shown that massage therapy is more than a way to enjoy a great lifestyle as it offers lots of medical benefits.

In medical settings, massage therapy is used for relieving headaches, enhancing posture, boosting immunity, and reducing the symptoms of anxiety and depression. Similarly, massage can relieve sleep problems, arthritis, allergies, and asthma. Medical experts also take advantage of massage therapy to reduce blood pressure and prevent or manage various health issues associated with high blood pressure.

• Creation of new positions around massage therapy

As the need for massage therapy in medical settings increases, it is increasingly important to have more positions for the therapist. As a result of this, we now have general massage therapists as well as specialists that focus on other aspects. Medical massage practitioners and oncology massage therapists are some of the new roles available in the field of massage therapy today.

For instance, if you are looking for a way to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) with erotic massage in Earls Court, you need to go for a therapist that focuses on prostatic massage and/or penile massage in the area. Such a therapist will understand the delicate nature of the treatment and offer the best services.

• The advent of technology for massage therapy

Without mincing words, technology is changing every aspect of our lives. So, it doesn’t come as a surprise that artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and biotechnology are shaping the medical world. These advanced technologies are now used for surgeries and other things needed to improve the health of people.

Given this, it has been suggested that these technologies will soon produce sophisticated applications and equipment that are capable of improving massage therapy. Although these tools cannot serve as complete substitutes for the human touch, they will support it.

• More demands for massage therapy

As massage therapy becomes more relevant in hospital settings, it is expected that more patients will receive massage. This means that there will be a significant increase in the demand for massage therapy. From rehabilitation, palliative care, integrated care, work performance, spa, and athletics, different sectors will have more need for massage therapy.

So, various health and wellness establishments will have to respond to the increased demand by hiring more massage therapists. Even the underserved groups, such as the disabled and elderly, will also start exploring the benefits of massage therapy more than ever before.

So, if you like the idea of becoming a massage therapist, this could be the best time to start learning. The demand for your service will likely increase soon; therefore, take advantage of it.

• More collaboration with other health professionals

Another reason for the potential boom of healthcare in the future is that more health professionals will collaborate with massage therapists. This is because massage therapy will be used to augment other treatment options for lots of patients. Nurses, personal support workers, physiotherapists, and social workers now work together with massage therapists to help patients to enjoy holistic healthcare services. This further reaffirms the essence of massage therapy in the healthcare industry.

• Third-party payers for massage therapy

Of course, most insurers currently don’t pay for non-conventional healthcare services such as massage therapy. However, we will likely start experiencing some changes soon. The majority of insurers are only interested in paying for evidence-back treatments. This is their only way of ensuring efficiency in their insurance policies.

Luckily, more studies are showing that massage therapy offers a wide range of health benefits. Therefore, lots of insurers may start paying for massage therapy. Without a doubt, this will bring a dramatic change to the sector. More companies will also start adding massage therapy to the additional packages they use to attract talents. Similarly, government funding may also come in handy at some stages to deal with payment for massage therapy.

Which of the aforementioned points do you think will play the most important role in making massage therapy the next boom in health care?