Why I Love My Mom

Why I Love My Mom

There is no other person I would rather have by my side throughout life's journey.

32
Why I Love My Mom
Lindsey Nieman

Every girl has someone that they can’t live without. Someone that you can always turn to. Someone who will always be there of them. For me, that person is my mother. There is no greater friend in the world than the woman that that has been there for me since day one.

Since I was a young girl, I have always looked up to my mother. She has always been a very strong and independent woman. She has never let anyone tell her that she is not good enough, or that she cannot do something. She has always proved those that have doubted her wrong, and done so with charisma and grace. Every little girl tends to look up at their mother and think of them as a superstar, but as the years have gone by, this thought has not faded, rather it has been amplified. Every challenge that my mother has been presented with, she has conquered almost effortlessly. I know that my mother is in fact one of the most amazing women to have ever graced this earth. Every day I try to be more like my mom. I only hope that one day people will look at me the way that they look at her.

When my mom and I are together, there is never a dull moment. Along my life journey, I have met some incredible people that have truly been amazing friends, but none of them have even come close to comparing to my mother. I can always count on her to make me smile and show me how loved I am. Not a day goes by where some inside joke that we share isn't laughed at, or where we break out into song over a single word uttered by someone. The laughter that we have shared over the years has been limitless. The memories that we create each and every day is something that I will forever treasure with a smile in my heart. There is no person that has ever brought me such joy just to be around them.

I know that my mother is my best friend because she will never stray from my side. Friends may come and go, but family is forever. Just like all best friends, we have had our differences, and gotten into some incredible fights, but what has kept us so close is that family bond. I love my mom because thats who she is, my mother. But what I love most about her is who she is to me. She is my best friend. She loves me unconditionally as her daughter, but also because I am who I am. I am her best friend.