What to Look for in an Opal Ring - The Odyssey Online

What to Look for in an Opal Ring

One of the advantages in searching for Opal Rings at SFNCrystals is our extensive selection. Our gemologists are passionate about each Opal. It is this passion combined with the skills of our master jewelers that has inspired our unparalleled selection.

4
What to Look for in an Opal Ring

Opal Ring Design

One of the advantages in searching for Opal Rings at SFNCrystals is our extensive selection. Our gemologists are passionate about each Opal. It is this passion combined with the skills of our master jewelers that has inspired our unparalleled selection. Why does the design of the ring matter? Because the ring design will determine how protected the Opal is going to be when you wear it.

Claw Set Opal Rings

Claw set Opal rings sit the Opal high up in the air to allow light to flow around the Opal. This creates a very elegant looking ring but it does mean that the Opal is going to be exposed. Ideal for:

• Cocktail Rings for occasional wear
  • Birthstone rings that are worn on special occasions
  • If the wearer is in an environment where the Opal will not get caught on anything then this is a suitable ring to wear everyday.

How much do opals cost? Opals come in a wide variety of colors and are characterized by their background tone. White is the most common color and black opals are the most expensive.

Do opals have as much shine as other stones? The ethereal flashes within the stone are called its "play of color" and can occur in a kaleidoscope of hues.

Are opals full of color? There are opals with very muted plays of color that can seem completely opaque.

Are opals rough? Opals, like pearls, are smooth stones and not faceted like other gems.

How to Care for an Opal Engagement Ring

First things first, opals are one of the softest gemstones and need to be handled gently. Also, note that lab-created opals tend to be a bit stronger than their natural counterparts. Since opals are softer gems, your ring should always be handled with care. Always take the ring to a jeweler for cleaning—they will be experts at delicately cleaning the opal.

History of Opal Rings

If you're looking for deep meaning with your engagement ring stone, look no further. Known as "The Queen of Gems," and recognized as the October birthstone, opals have incredible significance attached to them, dating back to the middle ages—it was believed opals had the power to make their wearer invisible. Opals rose back into fashion when Queen Victoria became fascinated with them. Other famous opal-lovers in history include Cleopatra and Empress Josephine. So you're in good company. In fact, it's so difficult to resist the charms of these stones that we're willing to bet you've already fallen under their spell, so here are some facts before you begin the search for your perfect ring.

Why Buy Opal Rings for Women?

The word "opal" emanates from the Greek word "opallos" that means to see a change. And, we think that this captures the essence of opals beautifully. No opal is the same as another. The design is unique to the stone in which it is captured. So, if you are thinking of buying opal rings, you should know that you will have your hands on something that is utterly unique. You could even think of gifting an opal ring to your special someone to show how unique they are.

Opal Birthstone Rings

It is said that wearing rings that are studded with birthstones are highly beneficial. Opal is known to be a birthstone for October borns. You'd find the opal gemstone's beauty being compared to fireworks, galaxies, lightning and volcanoes. And, rightly so. Opal's play on kaleidoscopic colours is not like any other gemstone. We can even say that opal is metamorphosing - for the colours are ever-changing.

The Opal gemstone is known to amplify traits - good and bad. It brings characteristics to the surface for a beautiful transformation. The precious gemstone enhances your self-worth, self-esteem and confidence, along with letting you understand your full potential. It bolsters spontaneity, while stimulating dynamic creativity and originality.

The opal gemstone is truly a reflective one that helps you pick up thoughts and feelings, and lets you amplify them. Even though you might have negative feelings and emotions, this tone helps you understand their destructive nature and assists you in letting them go. All you October-borns - get opal rings and bring out the best version of yourself. It gives the wearer the power and the ability to take back control of his/her life.

How to Buy the Best Opal Rings for Women?

There are several types of opal gemstones, and each one comprises the gorgeous play of colours with every move you make. The black opal gemstone comes with a dark background, and the flashes of colours are maximised thanks to its dark body. The white or milky opal gemstone has an opaque and a milky appearance with the flashes of colour being non-existent. The crystal opal gemstone has a transparent or translucent background, with a wide range of flashing colours. Keep in mind that the darker the tone of the body, more pronounced the flashes of colour. Also, darker tones are more expensive. So, depending on your budget, you can choose the best opal rings online.

Ready to find your own opal engagement ring? Visit https://sfncrystals.com