Our Blood Runs Crimson

Our Blood Runs Crimson

25
Our Blood Runs Crimson

Trust us, life's better wearing theseĀ letters.

When I was little, I remember watching the Apple Cup with our friends and family. My mom always had her WSU stuff on, but everyone else was rooting for the Huskies. I didn't want her to feel left out, so I decided then and there that I was going to be a Coug too.Ā 

The funny thing was, even as a five-year-old, I noticed that when we lost, my mom was disappointed but still had a smile on her face. And when we won, it was like that was the best thing that happened to us all year long. I wanted to be a part of that; that unfaltering hope and faith in a team no matter the outcome. So I did become a part of that.

Now when IĀ come home from school andĀ everyone asks how it is at WSU, the only word iĀ can use to describe it is "amazing".Ā Becoming a coug is so much more than just partying and having a good time (don't get me wrong, if you want to have fun you've come to the right place), but the only word I can use to describe us all is one big family.Ā People are so proud to represent WSU, you could probably find us just about anywhere you go. There are cougar sightings at the British Open and the cougar flag actually made it to the World Cup in Brazil.

Greek life at WSU even feels like a family. Fraternities have amazingly fun biads and triads (and even quadads) together, sororities team up for big date dashes, and we all like doing stuff together. Some of my best friends are in different houses, and the story goes for a lot of other people too. We all joinedĀ places that were right for us, but no one letā€™s that stop them from having friendships in other houses. We all go to each otherā€™s philanthropies, support members going through hardships, and come together as a whole to help make WSU the best place it can possibly be for everyone.

Our community is so proud of who we are that when one particular student from a particular school down South decided to talk trash about Pullman, the students, and even Butch the mascot, people from other states even heard about the uproar it had caused.Ā 

You know youā€™re a coug when you get unreasonably excited when you see a WSU sticker or license plate on another car, or if you would do unspeakable things for a tin of Cougar Gold cheese. Donā€™t be alarmed if complete strangers start being nice to you, youā€™re probably wearing your WSU gear. If you don't enjoy happy, spirited people who love football then this probably isn't the place for you.Ā 

There's really no way to describe what it feels like to be a coug unless you've experienced it first hand. in a way it's kind of like joining one big fraternity or sorority; you'll meet your best friends there, we all take care of each other, and the memories you make here are ones that you'll have forever.

Go Cougs!