Voters Need To Trust Their Candidate In Order To Win

In other words, Hillary Clinton is out of the running.

11
Marketing Land

Once the campaign for the 2016 election started running, everyone has been going crazy about it. Everywhere I turn someone is either fighting about how sexist Donald Trump is, or if Bernie Sanders will live long enough to make it to the White House. Some of these statements are pretty harsh but they are things we should still think about.

Although Trump can say some mouth-dropping comments and Sanders does look like he won't make it to the White House, at least some part of us can trust them. Trump and Sanders have always been straightforward with the voters. We know their stance and we've accepted it. We need a president we can trust. In my opinion, that automatically cuts Hillary Clinton out of the running.

I was trying to catch up on the politics on the New York Times website when I saw a very interesting article. On May 25, Amy Chock wrote an article called, "Emails Add to Hillary Clinton's Central Problem: Voters Just Don't Trust Her." I want a female president just as badly as a kid wanting candy, but I'm not ready to have Clinton as our first female president. With that being said, do you think Trump is the better candidate or Sanders?

Although his businesses have gone bankrupted a bunch of times, Trump has never been bankrupt, which means he knows how to handle money. Looking at his views made me realize he does know what he's talking about, even if he doesn't act like it. I do believe he is a thirteen year old boy stuck in seventy year old mans body. He also says some of the rudest stuff I have ever heard, but he's made it this far. The media knows his name the minute he announced his candidacy. In his Healthcare Reform policy, it seemed like he was putting more responsibility on Congress and understood that the middle class is hurting from how much tax we pay since we pick up all the slack. I did not like him at first, I will admit it. But as I've gotten to know what he stands for, he isn't all that bad. He just knows how to play the media and maybe that isn't always a bad thing.

Now Sanders on the other hand is at seventy four years old and looks like he's about to die, even though he will probably live a lot longer than what it seems like. Now as a young adult and a college student, I'm supposed to be all for Sanders. However, I'm not. Although free college would be nice, what would we have to give up for that? Having student debt is awful, trust me I would know. But our parents have known ever since we were born that college would be an expensive thing to pay for. There are scholarships and student loans to help with that. But I'm just not totally set on giving something up to pay for college. I do agree with his Creating Jobs Rebuilding America platform. But the more I read his issues, the more it seemed like he was going to give money away rather than fix our debt and take in money to keep us afloat.

Honestly, this campaign for the presidency has been one of the most popular ones as far as I can remember. I don't remember having such an uproar about candidates, but that may be only because I can legally vote now. We won't ever find the perfect president because our nation is too big to agree on just one, but I can tell you right now we have more options than just Hillary Clinton. I'd much rather have Sanders or Trump than to have our first female president that I do not trust at all.