TV Shows You'll Remember If You're A 90s Kid

New shows suck, bring back the oldies!

481
pinimg.com

As a late 90s baby, I can't say I remember watching some of these shows. I was born in '96. I am almost 20 and watching these now make me wonder my past. The only good thing about them is that they usually had a story line behind them. Not just some stupid crap. They taught kids lessons usually. Something you could relate to. Just a good show to watch with your child or with your friends. So let's get started!

1 . The Powerpuff Girls

In case you don't remember the feisty trio, they were girls who fought criminals to save the city of Townsville. Bubbles, Buttercup, and Blossom were girls I wanted to be. Looking back, I have a little of all of them in me. Bubbles was the quiet one who obeyed all the rules. Buttercup was the badass who was very direct on how she felt about things. And Blossom was the leader, the problem solver. Someone you could count on. I loved this show. If you want to watch it, the show is currently on Netflix.

2. Rugrats

How could I not mention my favorite show of all time. I loved watching Tommy and his friends get into trouble. They really should bring this show back. They made movies, yes I still watch the movies today. These lovable babies made good morning TV. Each show had a different adventure Tommy would try to make his friends go on. Chucky, Tommy's best friend was always the scared one but followed Tommy. Phil and Lil were twins who fought all the time and about everything. Lastly there was Angelica who was older and wanted to boss the "stupid babies" around.

3. Cow and Chicken

I didn't watch this one a whole lot because mom didn't like it and thought it was creepy. She was right. I mean a cow and a chicken who are brother and sister, who may I remind you have human parents. That makes for a creepy show. These two siblings are trying to make their way through suburbia and trying not to get killed by the red guy. They came across many more problems they had to solve. If you want to know more, go watch it. Don't forget I warned you though.

4. Johnny Bravo

How could you not remember this blond haired ladies man? Johnny was always trying to get women. This show had the most pick up lines that I have ever heard. He didn't lack confidence at all, with his big blond hair and tight black shirt he thought he was irresistible. When in reality, girls thought he was a tool bag. Thanks Johnny for teaching me what a asshole looked like.

5. Hey Arnold!

Arnold lived with his grandparents. He had a football shaped head and got the nickname "football head" from the school bully Helga. Little does Arnold know that Helga had a crush on him. He is just an average fourth-grader trying to have fun with his friends. Arnold usually tried to solve classmates problems, his partner in crime Gerald was always the voice of the outcome.

6. Franklin

Franklin was a 6-year-old turtle. This show was based of a series of books. I loved both the books and the show. Sunday morning couldn't come soon enough to watch Franklin and his friends overcome life tasks. His parents were very helpful and supportive. His best friend was a bear, fittingly named Bear.

7. Dexter's Laboratory

This one was one of my brothers favorite. Dexter was a child genius who comes up with inventions to help save the world. He has a secret laboratory in this closet. Of course his parents had no idea what their little one was up too, but older sister Dee Dee does. She always found a way to wreck Dexter's experiments.

8. Power Rangers

This was hands down my brothers favorite show growing up. This show was about a close knit group of friends who could change into criminal fighting super heroes. I always wanted to be the pink one and my brother was always the red one. I don't remember a whole lot because I wasn't a huge fan.

9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

How could we forget about these four fabulous turtles? They fell down the sewer drain when they were babies and got into some ooze. That made them mutate into crime fighting turtles. They were raised by a rat names Master Splinter. He taught them everything they needed to know. These turtles love pizza. Donatello, Michelangelo, Leonardo, and Raphael are forever my squad goals.

10. Kim Possible

This was more of a 2000s TV show, but it was a good one. Kim was a normal high school cheerleader. In her downtime she would fight criminals. Her best friend Ron and his pet Rufus would help her, well try to help. Ron had a crush on Kim, I think Kim felt the same way but was too scared to show it. While dealing with fighting crime she still has to deal with everyday struggles teenagers go through.

So as a 90s baby, I appreciate the creators of all these wonderful shows. There are so many more. This was a nice thing to look back on my childhood and appreciate all the good shows that used to be on TV. Now there are so many bad shows out there. Bring back old TV shows!