Top 10 Marvel Characters Ever

Top 10 Marvel Characters Ever

A list of of all the characters we love to love.

31
Top 10 Marvel Characters Ever

I just want to state from the beginning that these are MY favorite characters for MY own personal reasons. No torches and village pillaging because Thor didn't make the list. This is entirely based on my own twisted mind. If you agree, let us know in the comments below!

10. Groot (Movie)

This is favorite character is the newest to join my list. After watching "Guardians of the Galaxy," Groot kicked Nightcrawler out of the number 10 spot. There is something beautiful about a plant based organism killing an entire room of people and turning around to smile at his friends. Groot is a being who has the ability to grow taller, he can become a shield, he can extend his limbs and according to my friend Jess, “He is pretty darn cute.”

9. Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Movie)

First things first, the metal arm. How in the world can you not respect a man with a metal arm? Bucky was a pretty soft character in the first "Captain America," having to rely on Steve to rescue him. In the second movie, however, he showed the years of assassin training in such a way that "Captain America: Winter Soldier" became my favorite movie. Although I love this character, he doesn't have any overall “superpowers” which lands him in the number nine spot.

8. Ultron (Movie)

This is a robot who keeps coming back! Unfortunately due to movie right issues we will never get to see a fully adamantium Ultron (my heart breaks a little each time I think about this), but we got the next best thing in the movie! Made by Bruce Banner and Tony Stark, Ultron does the only reasonable thing after being exposed to the internet for five minutes: decide to kill the human race. Although he comes the closest to killing the Avengers, Ultron was defeated by his own creation which makes him a pretty weak villain.

7. Mystique (Movie)

One of the coolest powers that exists in the Marvel Universe is owned by the deadly Mystique- shapeshifting. Mystique can become anyone and due to her cells, she ages at a reduced rate and heals at a faster rate. Mystique is as deadly as she is beautiful, and I was very sad to see her lose her powers in "X-Men: Last Stand" (Thank you Sony for "Days of Future Past"). My only qualm about Mystique is that she serves at Magnetos beck and call, when in all reality she should be in charge. I hope that she will play a big role in the upcoming movie!

6. Tony Stark/Iron Man (Movie and Comic)

Everyone loves a character that is a total genius, playboy, billionaire, and philanthropist. Tony Stark is the only hero who really gets away with breaking the “tell no one about your secret identity” rule. Most impressive to me was the Hulkbuster armor, VERONICA, JARVIS, and the fact that he is a strong, independent white man who don't need no superpowers! Who else can take down almost anyone in the Marvel Universe just using their wit? I am anxious to see his character develop in Civil War.

5. Emma Frost (Comic)

Emma Frost is a woman who kicks butt and then takes names later. Able to read minds and influence emotions, Frost made a school that rivaled Xaviers and was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club. My favorite thing about her is that she can turn her skin into diamonds. This comes to be very useful after she is shattered into thousands of pieces and is able to come back to life after her body is put back together. I love the fact that Frost is willing to go to almost any means to get what she wants done.

4. Black Widow, “Natasha Romanoff” (Movie)

Let's see -- where to begin? The Black Widow is a character that is as mysterious as she is deadly. Natasha is the only character on the big screen who has been able to send chills down my spine. During the scene in "The Avengers" where she is talking to Loki, I was still underestimating her. After she tricked the God of Mischief into revealing his plan, I knew that she was a force to be reckoned with. Marvel, if you guys are reading this, give me a Black Widow movie ASAP!

3. Loki (Movie)

Loki is a character that you can't help but love. I fell in love with his character in "Thor," when his lineage was revealed by Odin. Loki is just a rebellious teenager (really, do the math he is a teen in Asgardian years) who had a bit of a rebellion that may or may not have resulted in a few hundreds dead. Redeeming himself in the second "Thor" movie, it was no surprise to see Loki sitting on Odin's throne giving us that evil grin.

2. Spider-Man (Movie and Comic)

I grew up wanting to be Spider-Man all the time. A nerdy, poor superhero? Count me in! Spider-Man is in my top two because he is a character who everyone can rely on and trust. The famous web slinging hero gets to have these awesome moral battles and get the girl at the end of the day. Now that Sony has agreed to give Marvel some time with our favorite high school hero, I think I might just have to get back into my old comic book collection and brush up on my Spider-Man knowledge.

1. The Phoenix (Comic)

My favorite character overall is the one who made me love the X-Men! The Phoenix is an ultra powerful cosmic entity who inhabits Jean Grey (and briefly Emma Frost) in the X-Men universe. With unlimited power, who would think that she could be taken down? This was a game changer for Marvel, taking the good girl Jean and making her dark and sexy. I would love to see a better attempt on this character on the big screen.