To My Boyfriend On Our One Year Anniversary | The Odyssey Online

To My Boyfriend On Our One Year Anniversary

"I’m just completely overwhelmed with awe and joy knowing that I have spent one whole year with an amazing man like you."

961
Elizabeth Zamudio

Well the day is here. One full year with what feels like a lifetime full of the sweetest memories.

I’ve never felt more at home with someone mentally, physically, and emotionally. You are my shelter when I need you. You’ve given me so much in the past year, but what I appreciate most about your love is that sense of comfort and dependence. You are my best friend and I know you will be there through anything, never letting me face it alone.

But you’ve also taught me how to be independent. This is something I truly treasure. But in the past year, you’ve taught me how to make myself happy and prioritize my own needs because I know at the end of the day, with you, I will never be alone.

There is so much I could thank you for. Thank you for being one of the most honest and caring men I know. Thank you for always encouraging me to try new places to eat even when I don’t want to. Thank you for sharing your loving family with me. Thank you for taking me on countless dates. Thank you becoming a part of my family and assuring them that their baby girl is always taken care of. Thank you for knowing all of my favorite things and always remembering them. Thank you for having manners and reassuring me that chivalry does still exist. Thank you for the endless laughs. Thank you the amount of gifts you buy for me when I tell you not to get me anything. Thank you for all our attention. Thank you for continuously making my days better when they’re not. Thank you for checking up on me to make sure I am okay. Lastly, thank you for loving me unconditionally through it all.

You love me when I’m hyper and bouncing off the walls. You love me when I’m hangry and willing to bite your head off at any second. You even love me when I don’t feel like I can love myself.

I’m just completely overwhelmed with awe and joy knowing that I have spent one whole year with an amazing man like you. I look forward to spending many more years with you, making incredible long-lasting memories.

I love you.