11 Throwback Halloween Movies For College Students | The Odyssey Online

11 Throwback Halloween Movies For College Students

Anyone remember 'Twitches?'

242
YouTube

As a self-proclaimed movie buff, I take pleasure in guiltily re-watching many of my favorite Halloween movies from when I was a kid. Here are a few highly recommenced features that if you were a 90's-early 2000's kid, you remember and should watch this October.

1. Halloweentown

One of my personal favorites, the first one at least. The second is alright. The third was interesting. The fourth they changed the actress for the main character, so weird. But the first one is a classic.

2. Twitches

Another Disney Channel classic. Twin+witches=Twitches. Who would have thought?

3. Casper

Was the ghost-young girl love story a little bit creepy? Yes. Did we enjoy it and think it was adorable? Also yes. It's part of growing up.

4. Haunted Mansion

Though it wasn't super popular, it was pretty dang cool. And Eddie Murphy aka Donkey/Mushu, duh. Plus, I really wanted to drive a car through the glass window too.

5. Gremlins

These little guys were freaky as all get out but my goodness weren't they also adorable! I feel so conflicted when watching this film.

6. The House of Mouse Halloween Special

Though not a full fledged film, this special was epic because it was all our favorite Disney villains taking over Mickey's club. It was awesome.

7. Corpse Bride

No I did not include Nightmare Before Christmas because I personally consider that a Christmas movie not a Halloween one. But Corpse Bride is a lovely tale by Tim Burton that is well worth the watch.

8. Scooby Doo

And by this I meant the two live action films that are absolutely hilarious to re-watch as an adult. The dialogue and concepts are just ridiculous but so much fun to relive.

9. Monster House

This film honestly freaked me out as a kid. I could hardly look at the squatter house on the corner after watching it.

10. The Addams Family Values

Who doesn't love the Addams family? They're creepy and cooky. They're just plain weird and they revel in it.

11. Hocus Pocus

Probably my second favorite Halloween film this classic is like none other. It's so much fun to watch and sing along to.

So there's my recommendations for what you can watch this October.