Things Better Than Watching the Actual Super Bowl - The Odyssey Online

Things Better Than Watching the Actual Super Bowl

6

Whether you are an NFL fan or not, Superbowl Sunday has something to offer everyone. Even if you are the friend who doesn't know who is playing, don't worry the football aspect is not that important. 

Commercials. Things really don't get any better than Super Bowl commercials. Especially the Budweiser commercial with the puppy. Not only do the commercials bring a little humor to the tense atmosphere of your boyfriend and his friends screaming at the TV, but what would you talk about Monday morning without them? The commercials provide great advertisements for companies. For weeks after, fans will still be talking about the best and worst commercials of Super Bowl Sunday. Way to go, Budweiser, every girl can agree you win the best commercial of 2015 and it is not because we like your beer.

Food. This is the perfect day for you and your roommates to get domestic. It usually starts by  searching Pinterest for hours, and trying to contact your mom to get the perfect recipe. Unfortunately, for most of us, the recipe never turns out like it looks on Pinterest. However,  you can always count on the food table to have multiple dips including too much cheese, wings, and pigs in a blanket. 

Procrastination. Face it. Sunday is the day you are supposed to waste away sleeping or studying to prepare for the week. We all have assignments due Monday, but because it is Super Bowl Sunday we get a free pass, right? At least that is what we are hoping for. Don't worry, if you are hungover or did not do your homework for Monday, I am sure you won't be the only one. 

A reason to have a party on Sunday. 

Who said Sunday cannot be the best day of the weekend? Most of the time, we spend our Sundays dreading the upcoming week full of studying, classes, and meetings. The Super Bowl is the only day of the year when it is acceptable to party on Sunday. 

Whether you are watching the game, or just there to eat the food, take advantage of this Super Bowl Sunday.