The Value of "Me Time"

The Value of "Me Time"

I wish I had more time for me.

43
The Value of "Me Time"
Ariel Funke

Since coming to college my schedule has been building, and won't stop. Between classes, two jobs, clubs and organizations there is barely any time for sleep. It makes me reminisce about all the time I took for granted when it was just for me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy spending time with my friends, I don't mind making some money to, you know pay for rent and bills, and going to class is just another step to getting the degree. Even with all of that excitement it makes me really miss when I had time to myself and I could do whatever I wanted.

One of the biggest things I miss is reading. I used to be able to read a book in three days or so, but since coming to college the most reading I get in (for pleasure, of course) is a chapter over three days. My books that I haven't read have stacked up on my bookshelf and my storage on my iPad is over the limit thanks to all the books I've downloaded. I'm just too busy to sit down any time before bed to actually invest my attention into a good book. So many new books are coming out, and who knows when I'll actually have the time to read them.

The other thing I really miss is the art of crafting. I love making things for myself and for others. Anything involving paint, yarn, beads, glitter, and anything else you could possibly find at Hobby Lobby and put together you can bet that I'll be using it to create something. But going along with the theme here, I don't have the time to put in and craft anything. Since becoming super busy crafting has become more of a nuisance than something enjoyable because it takes up valuable time in my busy life.

I can't wait for the day when things settle down a bit so I have more time for myself to do the things that I want.

The advice I'd pass on to anyone willing to accept it; enjoy the "me time" you have, and if you can afford it, make some "me time" for yourself. The "me time" you can indulge in and the hobbies you like to do can relieve stress, leaving you with a more relaxed, enjoyable life. There is more value in "me time" than we realize, and it's hard to truly value it until that kind of time dissolves into a busy life.