The Trouble Of Planning Spring Break

The Trouble Of Planning Spring Break

Spring break.

14
The Trouble Of Planning Spring Break
cougarbuzz.com

Every college kid loves spring break, but the worst part is always the planning. First comes the decision of who's coming. Is this a crazy girl’s trip? Bonding with all the girls and doing scandalous things that will forever be a secret. Or maybe it is more of a couple thing? A few girls have boyfriends, so it would be super nice if they could come too. I mean, how great does that sound? Drinking with the girls, while also beaching it with your lover; that would be amazing. But then again, not everyone has a boyfriend, so those single ladies aren’t going to enjoy that. So maybe just a girl’s trip is the better option; no one wants to be left out.

Now comes the thought of where. There are so many spring breaks spots where anyone would love to go: South Padre, Panama, a cruise, or maybe Daytona? But wait. When are other college’s spring breaks? I mean, you would not want to go somewhere where no one would be. Why waste all the money to go to Panama when no one will be there? Oh wait, where are the other colleges' spring breaks?

OK, OK, perfect: A lot of other colleges have spring break the same time. This will work. Now comes the money aspect. How much will all these places be? Plus driving or flying? This could get really pricey; maybe we should eliminate a few. Finally, you decide on a place, perfect. Oh, now the deposit.

Who is going to put it on their card? I mean, if anything happens to the room, you are getting charged; and that is highly likely. I mean, random drunk people could come into your room and things could be weird, you know? Someone has to sacrifice himself or herself. OK, good; finally someone risked their bank account. It has been officially booked. Oh wait, how are we all getting down there?

Flying is always an option, but boy does that get expensive. Driving is also an option of course, a much cheaper option at that. But the car, whose car would we drive? That’s a lot of miles, possibility of damage and possible car work that needs to be done before. Of course, no one wants to drive. Oh, and then there are only five seats in the car and six of us, so will another car have to go? Or is someone forced to fly? Decisions, decisions... Someone has to make a move and possibly spend a little more money; they honestly have to. That’s it. Someone finally decided to fly and another said we could use his or her car. It is done; I think we did it; we successfully planned spring break.

The planning is done and everyone is semi-happy. But here comes the worst part: waiting. Waiting for the magical day you get to leave for spring break. The day you get to escape school and have the time of your life. But then you have to deal with the “Problems of Spring Break”…