Its The Best Time Of The Year | The Odyssey Online

Its The Best Time Of The Year

The holiday season is here

9
Its The Best Time Of The Year
hickerphoto.com

The warm weather has come and once again gone. The cold has made its dreaded arrival, but this also marks the arrival of something we all love. The best time of the year. The holiday season is here and in full swing. Thanksgiving, the first of the big 3. One of the few days it is completely acceptable to eat as much as you want without receiving any judgment because everyone else is doing the same. The day that is spent watching football while eating everything in sight. The day that we give thanks for everything and everyone we have in our lives. The day that is slowly becoming more about shopping. Thanksgiving marks the start of the holiday season. Its a day we all look forward to for the food, family, friends, shopping, and everything else that comes with thanksgiving. The day after Thanksgiving is basically Christmas. Not really but you know what I mean. Playing Christmas music all day every day becomes acceptable. Houses everywhere start becoming lit up with tons of Christmas lights. Trees are put up and decorated in anticipation for Christmas. Lighting ceremonies are put on in cities and towns everywhere. Christmas is about a month away and all this is being done. We get to a certain point in December where the shopping becomes more frequent, the weather gets even colder, and snow begins to fall more and more. These are the sign that Christmas is creeping up on us really fast and before we know it we are celebrating Christmas eve and Christmas. Even though some on celebrate on Christmas eve and some on Christmas da, its all the same. It's a day to be with family. It's a day to enjoy exchanging gifts with on another. It's once again another day to enjoy a lot food. It's a day with religious significance for some, which is a big part of Christmas for those of us who are religious. It's a day to be grateful for everything we have. It is the day for us to be happy and bring joy into lives around. Christmas is the second of the big 3, but it is the main even of the holiday season. It is the holiday that we all look forward to the most during the holiday season. Even though Christmas is the main event, there's one last holiday to round out not only the holiday season, but the year as well. New Years eve is that holiday. It is the day that we all set out to party and celebrate a year and ringing in a new. It is the day to reflect on all of our experiences in the last 365 days. It is a day to be grateful for everything gained and be hopeful for everything we want to gain in the coming year. It is a day resolutions are set. It is a day of partying and celebrating. It is the mark of the year and the holiday season. The best time of the year unfortunately comes to an end but the ending of this season brings us a whole new year to fill with happiness and memories while we wait for the holiday season to once again make its return.