Sorority Girl’s Guide To Formal Season

Sorority Girl’s Guide To Formal Season

295

Formal is the only thing on my mind, lately. Sorority formals are a big deal, right? This is the biggest event on our social calendars and a chance for every girl to show off her formal ready bod, stellar dress and boy toy. 
When preparing for formal season, some details get a little hazy so, hopefully, I will be able to ease your way into the formal season.             
How to get the bod. If, like me, you didn’t prepare your body at the gym for spring break, this is your time to really buckle down. The gym is where I’m going to practically live for the next couple of weeks. I would love to say that I’m only going to eat salad, but salad makes me want to cry. 
How to ask the boy. Depending on your relationship and closeness to the boy, there are a few different ways to ask. Through intense research, I have discovered that most boys do not like being asked in creative ways. Girls get a lot more out of the creative and romantic gestures than boys do. In fact, most boys would actually prefer a text message or a casual ask in person. If you really like a boy and want to ask in a cute way, go for it! If you ask a boy to formal and don’t Instagram it, did it actually happen? I would rely on a text message for formal asking.             
What to wear. This is the most confusing part of formal night. I have heard mixed reviews. Do not wear short dresses, do not wear long dresses, do not wear dark colors, do not wear florals, do not, do not, do not. I say, do your thing, girl. I have a friend who will only wear floor length dresses. Other girls swear by tight-hugging, short dresses that show off that formal ready bod. I think I might go in a bejeweled potato sack or something similar. That pretty much sums up how I feel about dressing up.             
Coolers. Obviously, boys do not paint coolers for girls when they go to formal with them. That is truly a shame. I would love to watch boys attempt to paint Lilly prints on a cooler. That would actually be the best thing. Boys, can you please paint us coolers? We deserve it. We spend hours on our hair, nails and make up just to good look for you. The least you can do is spend weeks slaving over a cooler.             
How to dance. As a YouTube trained “professional” dancer, I am here with my expertise to recommend some great dance moves that are sure to woo your date and your best friends. The Carlton is my personal favorite. Boys literally line up when they see you do this dance. Move on to the Cabbage Patch if you’re feeling kind of adventurous. Then, end the night in style by doing the Sprinkler. It’s a historical crowd pleaser.