Why Girls Wear Makeup | The Odyssey Online

Why Girls Wear Makeup

It’s not easy to be “on fleek” all the time.

61
Why Girls Wear Makeup
kelseybeauty.blogspot.com

“She looks so fake.” “You have to take her in the pool on the first date to see what she really looks like.” “You look so beautiful naturally, why do you wear so much makeup?”

People criticize girls who wear “too much” makeup all the time and seem to think that the reason they wear it is because they’re insecure or trying to impress boys. Although a boost in confidence and a little male attention doesn’t hurt, girls wear makeup for themselves and only themselves. Applying makeup is an art and a way to express oneself. The time, effort, and money that goes into a smokey eye is seriously underestimated.

The reality is that most boys don’t know anything about makeup and therefore can’t appreciate what girls do with it. One would not spend hundreds of dollars on palettes, bronzers, and lipsticks to impress someone who doesn’t know the difference between foundation and concealer. For the boys out there that believe girls are lying to them by wearing makeup, they’re highly mistaken or maybe just stupid. If a guy really thinks my eyelids are blue or that my lips are bright red, there’s something wrong with them.If a girl is wearing makeup for anyone other than themself, it’s for the praises from other girls. When you’re out and another girl compliments your makeup, it’s one of the best feelings to know that someone else noticed the hard work you put into your appearance and admires it.

For a makeup junkie like myself, I know how proud I feel when I make a flawless wing or perfect arches on my eyebrows after watching tons and tons of tutorials on YouTube to learn how. I also find it relaxing and satisfying watching my look come together before I go out and about. In my hectic schedule, putting on my makeup is time that I dedicate to myself for myself and a simple thing that makes me happy. Makeup gives me confidence that I can do whatever I set my mind to. They say when you look your best, you feel your best and when you feel your best, you do your best. Why not use the assistance of a few products to help you get there? Whether it’s going full-on glam everyday with contour, highlight, and false lashes or just throwing on some tinted moisturizer and heading out the door, at the end of the day it’s all about what makes you feel good and beautiful.

It’s not easy to be “on fleek” all the time. Instead of tearing girls down for expressing themselves and looking good, we should adore their talent and artistry. People prioritize things differently than others and that is something that should be respected. Your face is your canvas and what you choose to do with it should not be judged. For all the girls out there that have ever been criticized for how much makeup you wear: keep those wings sharp, those lips glossed, and that highlight popping.