The Emotional Stages Of Registering For Classes

As told by 'The Office.'

7

So registration season is upon us again ….

This year, like most, you’ll probably follow the same cycle of emotions while trying to register.

• Mild Panic: Getting an email from the registrar and realizing registration snuck up on you again

• Anticipation: Logging into your DARS audit to find out how many classes you still need to take.

• Hopefulness: Looking up said classes in the course explorer while simultaneously praying that none of them are on Friday or at 8 a.m. During this time, you will also try five different methods of making a weekly schedule to make sure you have enough time to get from class to class, and that none of them have time conflicts. Your entire four year plan probably falls apart.

• Annoyance: Picking and re-picking classes because despite two classes being in the same major, they’re somehow scheduled at the same time. This is the delicate process of building a schedule that works.

• The Existential Crisis: Why are all of these classes so hard? When did I start registering for 300 and 400 level classes? Am I old? Maybe I should change my major. I’ll just switch to be an art major! *Looks up art classes* JK that’s too hard too. Maybe you email your advisor at 2 a.m. to ask a million questions about what you should be doing.

• Resolution: Finally picking out the perfect combination of classes that satisfies your requirements and also you might have found them by looking on the “Easy Classes at U of I !!!!” Facebook page.

• Settling In: The day you register is finally here and you settle in to be the fastest clicker there is. You have all your CRN numbers written down, your game face on, and you’re ready to fight. Your registration opens after furiously clicking every 10 seconds until it works.

• Implosion: One of your classes, probably Ice Skating or Harry Potter and More, or some other class you were looking forward to are full or restricted. Either way, you’re not getting in.

• Giving up for a minute: There’s just no way for this to work out. I’m never going to graduate in four years now.

• Conclusion: It all worked out, you’re registered, and that’s cause enough to celebrate.