Dad, Thank You For Everything | The Odyssey Online

Dad, Thank You For Everything

I will never take you for granted.

35
Dad, Thank You For Everything
Ashley Sierzega

Looking back on the past 20 years with my Dad showed me I have a lot to be thankful for. So thanks, dad, for:

Teaching me how to golf

You got me the little Fisher Price golf set when I was young and then I graduated to those really old clubs we had in the closet downstairs. In the summer when ballet was over you taught me how to chip a ball over the swing set. Then the Easter Bunny brought me a junior set. You took me to the driving range and we hit balls into the net in the back yard. When I was in eighth grade and decided I wanted to join the golf team in high school you took me out to get a real set of clubs and worked with me to get in shape for the season.

Cheering me on at swim meets

You and mom gave up so much to take me to swim meets from the time when I was 6 to when I was 18. That was a lot of early winter mornings and late summer nights. You bought a stop watch to time me during extra pool time and for meets. You got involved on the parents' board and even kept your own score at meets to always know where the team stood. And that summer, when we won the meet by four points, you jumped in the pool with us. You were always the loudest parent in the stands.

Taking me on college tours

I know it must have been a bittersweet time to watch your last child go off to college, but you did it with a smile on your face and were always encouraging. You supported me on my decision to go to Cabrini and have been a proud Cabrini Dad ever since.

All the Wawa runs

If you were picking something up from campus or dropping something off, you are always willing to take me to Wawa for food and coffee.

The many Starbucks trips

Sorry not sorry for getting you hooked on frappucinos.

For introducing me to great movies and TV shows

At a young age most kids are not watching "Caddyshack," "History of the World Part I," "The Godfather," "The Shawshank Redemption," and "M*A*S*H," but you loved them and wanted to share them with me even though mom got worried when I started quoting "The Godfather" at the age of three.

Watching Jeopardy with me

You are the biggest trivia buff I know and your brain is filled with so much useless information, but watching "Jeopardy" with you at night when were both home is the highlight of my day.

For being my #1 fan

You have always supported me and guided me in life. You always made sure I was happy and had everything I need to succeed in life.You're my biggest supporter and I love you.