A Thank You Letter To My Angel

A Thank You Letter To My Angel

A simple thank you will never be enough.

2414
A Thank You Letter To My Angel
Lauren Freid

Dear Angel,

There is so much I could thank you for. A simple thank you will never be enough. These past five years have been the most incredible years of my life. I could never repay you for everything you have done for me, but I figured this could be a start.

One of the most beautiful things in life is finding love in the most unexpected places. I came into high school as a damaged girl who felt unloveable. I craved the fairytale romances that I saw on TV every night. I craved acceptance. I craved love. I craved a best friend.

At 16 years old, I wasn't looking for love. I rushed to class just to be a few minutes early. I focused on sports and my education. I focused on getting an A on every test. The thought of finding someone special never crossed my mind.

I wasn't looking for you; I found you.

I found someone who I could always trust. I found someone I could always confide in. I found someone who accepted me for all my flaws, but embraced them. I found someone who showed me affection and went out of the way to make sure I was happy. Most importantly, I found someone who was proud to be with me.

Thank you for getting to know me and knowing how to deal with me. I know girls can be tough, but you have always been able to calm me down in a way that no one else can. Thank you for always supporting me. Whether it be helping me through a rough patch with my friends or coming to my soccer games, you have always been my biggest fan.

Thank you for always holding my hand and showing that you care. Thank you for the endless cuddles and kisses. Thank you for letting me attack you with hugs and kisses until you could no longer breathe. Thank you for letting me cry on your chest until your shirt was completely soaked. Thank you for letting me take 10 minutes to say bye to you every night because I didn't want to see you leave. Thank you for not getting so annoyed with me (I can't even deal with myself).

Thank you for taking my heart and handling it with care. Thank you for easing the doubts I had about love and providing me with reassurance to no longer be afraid. Thank you for helping break my walls down and allowing myself to fully open up. Thank you for being a constant source of happiness, passion and comfort.

Thank you for loving food as much as I do. Thank you for not complaining when I take two hours to decide what I want for dinner. Thank you for getting on a creepy white van just to visit me at college. Thank you for talking in baby voices with me. Thank you for not getting too angry over my obsession with babies and puppies. Thank you for taking me to Justin Timberlake concerts as I sat crying in awe for an hour. Thank you for putting up with my 100 laughs and ugly cries. Thank you for making me laugh until I pee (sometimes).

Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for being you.

Before I met you, I didn't know who I was or how I was to become who I wanted to be. I felt alone and frightened of the future. Seeing heartbreak made me close myself off to love. I felt that I would love someone too much and would never receive the same in return. I didn't know that a soul as kind as you existed. I didn't know a human being could make someone feel so vulnerable; until I met you.

You taught me how to open my heart. You taught me how to stop fussing over the past and how to live in the present. You taught me how to love. You showed me how beautiful life could be and the endless opportunities that come with.

Falling in love with you was the biggest risk I have ever taken. It's something many fear due to judgement or rejection. Meeting you has erased these fears. Meeting you has taught me how to care for not just myself, but how to love others. You taught me to fully love and embrace myself for all my imperfections.

You are the light in my life. You are the reason why I wake up and fall asleep with a smile on my face. Your beautiful mind and kind soul has only allowed me to fall deeper in love. The way your smile lights up a room warms my heart.

Although I would never have guessed I would be where I am today, I am forever grateful that I have experienced this wonderful world with you by my side. I am incredibly blessed to have grown up with you in a world so confusing and cruel at times. Whatever the future holds for us, I am beyond excited to take this journey with you. I love you forever angel.

Love,

Your Best Friend