A Thank You to my Childhood Dog

A Thank You to my Childhood Dog

Some things have a way of filling your heart without even trying

20
A Thank You to my Childhood Dog
Amy Bane Studio

I wanted a dog for as long as I can remember, and when I was 6, we got the perfect one. I loved her from when I first saw her. Once she came home she was a member of the family, and she fill a spot in my heart that I didn't know needed filled. Sassy has been a huge part of my life and I want to thank her for giving me the kind of selfless love only a dog can give.

Thank you for being the first thing I ever learned to love. I was a little girl when we got you, and I grew up with you by my side. You've slept in my bed basically your whole life and it takes a lot of love to let such a small dog take up half of your bed. I learned to love and care for something other than myself. I worried about you if you felt bad, shared my food because you always seemed so hungry. And now that I am in college I miss you all the time.

Thank you for always being there when I was sad. There was countless times that I would cry alone in my room and you would poke your head through the door and come and comfort me. I've always known you loved me. I am your person and it is pretty obvious by how excited you get whenever I get home no matter how long I was gone, and how sad you look when you know I am leaving

Thank you for always being happy to see me. There really is nothing quite like coming home and seeing a little brown dog wagging her tail and jumping around just because you're you.

Thank you for causing my love for all dogs. Because of you I realized how smart, sweet, loving, and fun dogs are. Because of you dogs are probably my favorite thing on Earth.

Thank you for being the best dog ever. Everyone thinks they have the best dog ever, and none of them are wrong. You are the best dog ever to me, you are loving and smart and all the things a great dog should be. You have shown me loyalty and love unlike any other. Because of you I realized that I deserved someone to love me as much as you do, and that is a lot.

Thank you for being with me almost my whole life. You are 13 years old now, and I dread the day that I come home and you aren't there to greet me, but I am so thankful to have had you in the most important part of my life. I love you and you will always be the dog that I compare all the other dogs to.

I love you forever, Sassy.