A Thank You Letter To My Boyfriend

A Thank You Letter To My Boyfriend

Thank you for all that you do.

741
A Thank You Letter To My Boyfriend
Kreations by Kierra Photography

It’s not often that you come across someone who understands you so well, but I was lucky enough to have met you. Our relationship may not be sunshine and daisies all of the time, but the good times definitely outweigh the bad and I wouldn’t change a thing.

Thank you for never laughing at me when I cry.

Everyone who knows me knows that I am one of the most sensitive people alive. I will cry when I see a puppies or babies, read a sad (or happy!) story, watch a movie or even a commercial. Someone could literally just call me a poopyhead and the tears would fall. I’m a weenie. There’s basically nothing that won’t make me cry, but you never make fun of me for it. You never fail to wipe my tears away and try to console me regardless of the situation.

Thank you for taking care of me.

There was a time when my anxiety got the best of me and I had multiple panic attacks a day. You saw me experience some of the worst ones I ever had. Thank you for holding me and telling me everything is going to be alright even when it seems like it won’t. Also, thank you for making me comfortable when I’m in excruciating pain from complications with my IUD. I can’t thank you enough for rubbing my belly and giving me kisses when I need them the most.

Thank you for watching movies with me.

I love having movie nights with you. I also love watching scary movies, but most of the time our only option is Netflix and we’ve already seen all the good horror movies they offer. This leaves the “crappy” B-movies that you hate (but I love) to watch. Thank you for putting on a smile and watching them anyways.

Thank you for taking naps with me.

The couple that naps together, stays together… Right? I love sleeping. It’s a major flaw that I don’t mind flaunting. (Really, who the heck doesn’t love a nap?) I absolutely love cuddling up with you and taking naps together and watching you sleep. I am constantly tired no matter how much I sleep, and I’m glad to get to “refresh myself” by napping with you.

Thank you for planning a future with me.

I know there is no guarantee for anything in life, but I am so grateful to look forward to a future with you. Whether it’s being silly and “naming” our future children, or actually looking forward in time on where we plan on living and even how we are going to afford everything, I absolutely love planning a future with you. Looking forward to our lives together is one of my favorite things to do.

Thank you for protecting me.

Whether it’s letting me know when I’m making bad decisions or warning me about hanging with the wrong crowd, you always protect me. I have never met someone who isn’t my mother that cares so much about my well-being. You literally care so much that you get sick over people treating me the wrong way, and while I wish you wouldn’t take it so personally, it’s really sweet. I know I always have someone who’s watching over me no matter what.

Thank you for loving me.

You came into my life during a really dark time. I was extremely suicidal and had made plenty of mistakes that I would like to forget. I’ve made many decisions that I instantly regretted, but I will never regret you. You took me out of the abyss I was in and showed me what love truly is. You taught me to love and accept myself and that’s something I’ve not been able to do since I was a small child. You have stood by my side through more tough times than I could ever ask anyone to. You love me through the good times and the bad times and I can’t thank you enough for that.

I'm grateful for you for more reasons than you will ever know.

I love you.