10 Things I Would Like To Thank My College Roommates For | The Odyssey Online

10 Things I Would Like To Thank My College Roommates For

College Roommates Are The Best

8
Her Campus

1: Sharing their closet with me

Now what’s better than one closet full of clothes? Three of course. If you need a cute tank for a night out or a warm sweatshirt when all of yours are dirty, look no further than the closet next to you.

2. Letting me whine about all my problems (which is a lot)

Whenever you need to vent or cry it out, it’s so much more convenient to walk 10 steps away rather than drive to their house. And do you want to know the best part? They live with you so they can’t lie and say their busy or not home.

3. Doing my hair,

Curling my own hair is something of a mystery to me, no matter what I do I can’t get it right. Or braiding , believe it or not it’s difficult to reach the back of your head.

4. Talking to me while I shower,

Honestly, it’s not like were already joined at the hip or anything. I mean how could we possibly be away from each other any longer. Or even better, let's both go shower at the same time (not together).

5. Reading over my texts to make sure I say the right things,

This especially comes in handy in regards to boys. I mean you got to ensure your text isn’t too risky before you hit the send button, from there you just can’t go back.

6. Forcing me to go out when I really didn’t want to,

There were times I wanted to just stay in on that Friday night or in our case Thursdays too. However, you would mention how the baseball players would probably be there or how much fun it will be to release all the daily stress. I always ended up feeling much better about going out than staying in, well until the morning that is.

7. Preventing me from a series of stupid decisions,

Now this is a big one, from boys to outfit choices to more serious decisions. Nothing is better than having people who really are with you 24/7 to guide your life onto the right path and ignore the guy in the bar you think is attractive, but would realize in the morning that was your tequila talking.

8. Boys…. Boys…. Boys…

Roommates are really the best at deciding if a boy is attractive, worth the time, a loser, or just in it for the wrong reasons. They also have an amazing talent of preventing you from going home with someone you shouldn’t, try (but sometimes fail) to prevent you from texting your ex, or have your back when you don’t know what to say or who to choose (yes, it happens).

9. Being the best FBI agents a girl could ask for,

All you have to do is mention there’s a cute guy in your class who is also in a certain frat, and within 20 minutes they have found him on Facebook. No one can stand between a girl and getting the information she needs. This is especially helpful if they information she found like for example, he has a girlfriend, will save you a ton of time.

10. Making my freshman year, a year I won’t forget.

I could’ve picked a few hundred different roommates, but none would be as great as you three. How many other roommates would go on drives at 12:30 pm, 30 minutes away to get donuts at this one local spot on a night with 8 am classes. How many roommates would hold back your hair during some unfortunate moments. Who else would listen to me talk endlessly about the same boy all year, or allow me to crawl in their bed and cuddle no matter what they're doing? Thank you for not only being the best roommates, but for having my back through it all. I love you guys!!

Xoxo,

Your ex-roomie