A Timeline of a Night Out in Tallahassee | The Odyssey Online

A Timeline of a Night Out in Tallahassee

15

The night life scene in Tally compares to few and far between. There is genuinely something for everyone to do, and each scene has something great to offer.Although there could easily be a dispute about which place is the best to go on any given night, there isn’t much of an argument of how a night in the Nasty usually proceeds. 

7:00pm- If you’re like me, right about now you’re waking up from a nap to the beeps and buzzes of your phone. You’re friends are starting to make plans, and so far the only information you have is that they want to hit the town. 

8:00pm- This is a time usually reserved for getting ready. Whether you start off with a beer in the shower, or jam to some party tunes while you’re getting ready, 8 o’clock is about the time you start rallying. 

9:00pm- It’s finally time to meet all your friends! Everyone either gathers at one apartment to carpool to your fave spot, or you hit up a pregame...aka you and your friends listening to loud music and downing a drink before the bars. 

10:00pm- Dollar drinks are about to end, so now it’s time for some tough decisions. Do you hit up the Strip for an hour of dollar drinks and deal with the hoards of underclassmen? Or do you opt for something classier, like Midtown or College Town and fork over the cash? This discussion will without a doubt leave one person in your group bitter because they won’t get to see that one friend whose at the bar you voted against. But fret not, she’ll get over it in an hour!

11:00pm- At this point, you’ve either spent the night triple fisting through the Strip, or are somehow trying to scavenge enough money to pay for another drink, all while trying to talk to your friends over the ear-piercing music that bars refuse to turn down. I’m a firm believer bars play music that loud purely so you can’t think and make rational decisions. Either way, it’s only eleven, so you’re still sober enough for it to annoy you.

12:00pm- Looking down at your watch (a.k.a. your phone), you realize it’s only twelve. You have all the time in the world! Time for another round...or four. This is typically the point when the music becomes part of you. For some reason, you can’t help but sing all the words with your best friends. 

1:00am- This hour tends to pass without the slightest notice. All the sudden you realize that it’s probably time to go, and then...

2:00am- Oh no, PLEASE someone turn off those god awful lights. Now people are going to see what I really look like at this hour. Time to seal the deal with that not-so special someone you’ve been talking to for the past half hour. If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to find your friends, say bye and get a cab in a timely manner. You spend the next ten minutes trying so hard to listen to you friend in the cab, but all you really want is pizza. Or Taco Bell. “Is there any way we could stop at McDonalds?” 

3:00am- The unfortunate souls who are still out at 3 a.m. are desperately trying to find a ride home, or eating their weight in McNuggets. For their hangover sake, I hope it’s the latter. 

4:00am- Nothing good happens after 4a.m. so I leave that up to your imagination.