On Taking Control Of Your Life

On Taking Control Of Your Life

The inner workings and truths about how you can take control of your life.

4
On Taking Control Of Your Life
Alexander M Hernandez

Just realize that you don’t have a choice. That you have to take control of your life. That you have to one day step outside of yourself and into an uncomfortable situation to better yourself. Once you know that the option is there, there is no going back. There is no pretending you can’t be a better person or that you cannot do those things you’ve always wanted to do. It is like seeing behind a curtain and once you get that first glimpse everything changes. Though you can act as if you never saw it. If you don’t do it now, you’ll live the rest of your life knowing you can be better. Knowing that you can change the person you are into anything you desire to be, anything from someone who does more for the community, family, friends or even their pets. Perhaps a change in personality, that may never before seemed possible? Maybe this change is being a nicer person though you were a bully in high school. Could you try to be more independent, even though you’ve never done much for yourself before? The possibilities of how a person can change are endless and this alone, this understanding that we can be whoever we want to be is the first step to it all!

So why is making these changes so hard? If you give yourself to a lie that you’ve managed to provide for yourself you fall into this trap of “I’ll do it, I’ll do it”, but you never do. That you will do 'it' tomorrow or the next day, or claim that you are too busy to do it. This trap is large and it can hold you for years and years if you allow it to. If you continue to believe the lie, in a way, it will become your life, but even that cannot last forever. The task at hand now is getting out of this mental cage that you’ve locked yourself into. To break free from your chains and allow yourself to make the changes you’ve always desired to make!

Rationalization of why you cannot or numbing it physically through distractions, drugs, alcohol, or investments into other people. This is what you do though deep down inside you know that you can be a better person and you know that you can do so much more. Over time, this little feeling will eat at you until you cannot take it anymore. Until all the attempts of physically and mentally ignoring it cannot be done anymore and all that is left is to do 'it'.

There was always a way past these gaps that you’ve made for yourself. The act of making these changes, you’ve realized, could have so long ago set you free. 'It' will take away those traps you’ve allowed yourself to set and start to truly change. Once you know this it kills it all! If someone pulls out a gun and say, “Hey! Do the right thing”. It does not matter how you feel, you’ll find a way to do it. But then you realize that there is a gun to your head, and if you don’t do 'it', things will end badly.

Take ahold of your life and change! Transform into the person you want to be! The person you were always meant to be! Change yourself and change your situation to fit your grand, new vision! Make your life everything you’ve ever wanted it to be. Taking control of your life is something that will never be easy but has always been possible. No matter how far gone, and no matter how deeply scarred, your life can always be what you want it to be. Take control of your life and change!