It Was The Best Of Times, It Was The Worst Of Times. It Was 2007 | The Odyssey Online

It Was The Best Of Times, It Was The Worst Of Times. It Was 2007

Myspace, mixtapes and iPods.

132
Flickr

I think we can all agree that 2007 was one of the best years ever. School was easier, music videos were awesome and the grunge phase was alive and well (even though it wasn’t a phase, mom). Relive your glory days by checking out this article that will make you feel all of the nostalgia you left back in ’07.

P.S. does anyone know whatever happened to Natasha Bedingfield...?

Facebook fights

Because how in the world is your best friend going to know you’re mad at her if you don’t post a status update inferring that you are? You then continue to take your fury into the comments along with others, and you quickly learn who your real friends are. The next day at school you’re the most BA person ever because you showed everyone who is boss via a social media website.

Selfies… Bad selfies

Someone tell me WHAT was up with the digital camera mirror flash photos. What in the world were we all thinking? Over-editing our photos and adding those stickers on our pro pics on Facebook? I must say I am glad these days are over.

AIM

Planning what time to login to this infamous web chat service with all of your friends after school was something we all can easily remember. Or what about that time you blocked your ex from middle school and showed him who was boss? Whatever your screen name was, you were sure to rule the group chats with your friends every day after school on AIM.

iPhone’s

If you had one, you were THE coolest kid in school. Being a proud owner of one of the newest and coolest apple products, of course, you showed your new phone off to all your friends. Flip phones were a thing of the past because you now had an iPod and a phone all in one. What a time to be alive.

Music videos

Sitting around all day with your best friends eating pizza and watching an absurd number of music videos, because that’s what Saturdays meant in 2007. Whether you were catching them on the VH1 top 20 countdown or waiting for YouTube to load, you knew you were always caught up on the newest music.

Emo times call for emo music… (and it still isn’t a phase @mom)

Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Paramore, Avril Lavigne, Blink 182 and Green Day. Spending your days at the mall spending your allowance at hot topic, these artists fueled your teen angst. Constantly reminding your mother that it was not a phase.

Motorola Razr

No matter what color you were the proud owner of, you felt more than cool when you realized that you could flip the camera face forward and take selfies. RIP to the best phone we all ever had, you are dearly missed (sort of).

Myspace

Customizing your top 8 frantically every single day because you heard that your best friend was throwing shade. Removing her from your top friends will definitely teach her a lesson. And don’t forget, Tom was your first friend on Myspace and that made you feel cool whenever you first joined.

Mix CDs

Spending all of your money on the coolest patterned blank CDs because that’s what mattered in life. All of your time was devoted to making the best mix CDs — and making sure that everyone knew you had the best taste in music.

iPods

Do these still exist? Someone let me know. Whether you had the nano, shuffle, or the original iPod, you shared your earbuds with anyone and everyone to make sure everyone knew your playlists were fire.

SEE ALSO:A Playlist From The iPod Of A Middle Schooler In 2007

The Hills

Team LC for life. Watching The Hills religiously and crushing on Brody Jenner was your life in 2007. You never missed an episode and were sure to voice your opinion on Speidi. Choosing your college major was easy because, duh, you were going to attend FIDM and become the next Lauren Conrad.