15 Stages Of Going To A K-Pop Concert | The Odyssey Online

15 Stages Of Going To A K-Pop Concert

Finally, my fangirl fantasies will be fulfilled.

640
15 Stages Of Going To A K-Pop Concert
soompi

K-Pop artists have been growing their international audience for years, but in the last several years, many groups have been emerging as global superstars. With idol groups traveling outside of Asia to perform, fangirls all over the world must now endure the struggles that come along with going to a K-Pop concert. If you've gone to one or are worried about going to one, you should know these 15 stages of going to a K-Pop concert.

1. Finding out [insert your favorite boy group or girl group] is coming to YOUR country for ONCE

So this year they're performing in Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Unite....wait wha-...WHAT...IS THAT....THAT IS WHERE I LIVE...WHAT OMGOMGOMG.

2. Trying to convince your parents to let you go

Your mom and dad just don't understand that you don't know the next time your bias group is coming to your country. What if they don't even come back??? I CAN'T TAKE MY CHANCES.

3. Realizing you're going to have to sell a kidney, four of your toes, and your first-born child to afford a ticket

How dare their companies think that they can raise the prices for international concerts. Rude. And. Offensive.

4. Having at least three devices ready for when tickets go on sale

You would think that because you live in a country that's not South Korea, it'd be easier to get tickets. But NO. If you're not sitting in front of two laptops and five phones looking like you're about to hack the Russian government, you're not getting tickets.

5. Getting a ticket...but not in the section you want

And tickets sold out in 4 minutes, so there's no going back now.

6. Joining Facebook groups and checking ticket reselling sites to sell/buy tickets

I swear, I'm straight up running a business.

7. Finally finding a good seat from someone who didn't jack up the prices

Those damn scalpers...

8. Realizing that soon you're going to be breathing the same air as your bias

Shhh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of all seven of my boyfriends exhaling, relaxing their godly diaphragms and providing this hopeless world with the generous gift of carbon dioxide.

9. Buying unofficial merch online

Buying a sweatshirt and a light stick that costs almost as much as my ticket? Nah. You still gotta represent somehow, though.

10. Hyping yourself up before the concert

You have to listen to all of the group's albums again, watch every recent live performance, watch fancams from other concerts, watch them on variety shows, watch them give interviews, rehearse fan chants lovingly stare at pictures of their beautiful faces, etc., etc.

11. Driving all the way to who knows where

I have to drive how many hours to get to the venue?

12. Losing your voice because you're screaming for your oppa/noona

And losing your hearing because all the other 18,000 people are screaming for their oppa/noona.

13. Sobbing intensely during the entire concert because your idols are actually real

They're not just pictures on a screen anymore...*cries*

14. Screaming Korean lyrics

We all know most of us have no idea what we're saying. Regardless, we'll scream "bultaoreune" or "naega jeil jal naga" until the day we die.

15. Leaving the concert, feeling like your fangirl fantasies have been fulfilled, but also feeling upset because it's over

But at least I got to stare at my babies for the last two and a half hours. Now I'm just going to watch all the videos I took... until the next concert comes around. ;)