So, Your Boyfriend Is Gay? | The Odyssey Online

So, Your Boyfriend Is Gay?

As told strictly through Michael Scott pictures

113
So, Your Boyfriend Is Gay?

So, your boyfriend is gay.

Surprisingly, it's not very uncommon. You are not alone.

Well, you are alone now.

But not alone in the broad sense.

Many girls are unsure how to proceed after dating a gay man.

There are many levels of sadness when it comes to these awkward situations.

It can range from "He Told Me Three Weeks Into Our Relationship And We're Still Friends" to "We Dated For Three Years And I Found Him Making Out With My Brother At A Club" or even "We Dated For Nine Months And He Couldn't Manage To Let Go Of His Sugar Daddy And Also Couldn't Admit That He, A Grown Man, Was Gay For Pay."

No shade intended, of course.

But wherever you are on the scale, there's hope. Not all the good ones are gay!

Well, many of them are, but there are some guys out there for you!

It may take a few months of eating ice cream and crying into your pillow to get back on the dating scene, but you'll make it, and everything will be okay.

Or maybe you're just not ready to date. And that's okay too. You know what the important thing is? No, not Ben and Jerry's, babe. Put the spoon down for one damn second.

It's that you love yourself first.

Yea, it's cliche, but it's true. You have to find love and respect for yourself before you go out looking. You need to treat yourself right before anyone else can even start to give you affection.

To the girls who've dated gay men: You'll live. No matter how much it sucks, you'll live.

And you'll thrive.

But watch out for family events, you know they'll ask what happened to that lovely boy you were dating who was so well dressed and had amazing hair.