18 Signs That You're Dating The James A. Cannavino Library

“Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me…” or, you know, just come visit me in the library.

69

We've all been there. You've just come from class, you're stressed, you're overwhelmed and all you want to do is go cuddle with your main man, James. When you just want to be alone and relax, he understands. When you just want to put your feet up and listen to your music while you work, he gets that. He's been there for you since day one, and I can promise you he'll be there for you always, #TilGraduationDoUsPart. But sometimes, you just don't want to see him at all. There are days when you cannot even bring yourself to get out of bed even though you know you should be spending time together. If you, like me, consider yourself to be in a complicated, yet loving, relationship with James Cannavino, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

1. In the early days, the view was pretty mesmerizing.

But now that you're a library veteran, it's just distracting and irritating. It's like the sky/sun/water are actually taunting you for being stuck inside but hey, sorry for actually trying to be productive.

2. You, of all people, know that the weekend hours are complete BS.

Opening at noon is an injustice and an unforgivable offense when you have to both start and finish your paper that night. *silent treatment*

3. Don't even get me started on finals week — a straight enemy invasion that's what that is.

And then these strangers start telling their friends to come and then their friends just gotta come chat and then before you know it, not only is your favorite spot taken but now everyone's talking too?! Put an end to this nonsense.

4. Every once in a while the lights dim, turn off all of a sudden or an alarm sounds, but you barely notice.

There is work to be done people — no dilly dallying. Just ignore James until he behaves.

5. You may or may not follow James Cannavino on Twitter...

"Keeping Up with the Cannavinos" > "Keeping Up with the Kardashians."

6. You have a favorite floor. Possibly a favorite table. And it's heartbreaking to be anywhere else.

How could you do this to me, James?!

7. You are trained in the art of which snacks to bring/sneak in and which to leave at home.

Because no one likes the person who eats a bag of chips noisily. It's also not even allowed, but whatever, #YOLO.

8. Sick people who cannot control their coughing will be your downfall.

It's understandable that you can't help that you're sick but please, just stay home. No one wants James to catch a cold!

9. You live and breathe by the law — thou shalt never answer thy phone whilst with James.

It's rude to James and it hurts his feelings, so tell mom to wait a second.

10. You consider this place your second home, yet if asked to find a book you would probably need a solid hour at least.

Even in long relationships, it's amazing how you can learn new things every day!

11. You have become conditioned to the loud noise of the stapler and are no longer fazed by it.

Even James has bad habits.

12. Giggle fits and any kind of conversation are only acceptable if you're the one doing them.

You know it's true.

13. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but you can just call it Starbucks.

That's right — go on, treat yo' self. It's what James would want.

14. When your laptop dies and you don't have your charger because you were too optimistic about finishing before needing it and you just know that James has forsaken you — don't freak out.

Or do, but then seek help ASAP.

15. We've all been there — Fridays at the library.

That mutual misery is a bond for life though.

16. Having friends who go to the library too is both a blessing and a curse.

Don't get me wrong — I love my friends — but sometimes you just need alone time with James.

17. The feeling of liberation upon walking out those doors is like no other. Take a deep breath. That's fresh air, and there's plenty more where that came from.

Every healthy relationship requires space at some point.

18. And remember: never fear, for James Cannavino is always near.

Unless you're abroad like me... Miss you, bae.