Why Roads Trips Beat Plane Rides

Why Roads Trips Beat Plane Rides

Why I'll always take the wheel rather than soar in the sky.

4
Why Roads Trips Beat Plane Rides
Odyssey

If you're like me, you dread even going near an airport. While flying is fast, it sure isn't easy. There are far more pros when it comes to driving to your destination that there are to being strapped into a metal bird in the sky.

1. You get more quality time with your fellow travelers.

One of the main reasons you go on a vacation is to spend more time with the people you are traveling with. There is no better way to really learn about your companions than being stuck with them in a vehicle for hours, or even days.

2. You can stop to see things along the way.

Since you're in control of time, you are free to make as many stops as you want along the way. There no rush or delays, and oftentimes, the random stops can turn into some of the best memories that you'll treasure forever.

3. It can be a vacation within a vacation.

This is an entirely different experience than the actual destination vacation, so you can make it into its only little trip.

4. Cell phone reception is limited.

Since road trips oftentimes require you journeying off the beaten path, reception can be spotty. This can lead to living in the real world and being free from your cellphone. It encourages bonding time with those around you, something far more important than being tied to your phone.

5. You can control the music.

No one cares how loud you blast your your favorite song or how off key you scream along to it. In the car, your performance always deserves an Emmy.

6. It's cheaper to drive.

Not only are there no unnecessary fees, but in general, you tend to save a lot of money. Plus, a last minute road trip won’t cost you any more than one that has been planned all year.

7. You can take as much stuff as you want.

There is no weight or space limit. As long as you can cram in in, you can take it. Bonus: no one else will go through your things but you.

8. There’s no security.

One of the worst, and most awkward, parts of flying is the hassle of security. There is no chance of you standing in line for what seems like endless hours only to be groped by someone you've never met.

9. You can take your pets.

There are no restrictions to who or what you take, meaning that all your pets can join you, making the adventure even more fun.

10. You get to pick the people you travel with.

Gone are the times when you have to cross your fingers hoping not to sit next to someone far too strange to be spending hours on end with.

11. There’s more room.

You're knees will love you for being able to stretch out and even stop to walk around if necessary.

12. You're in control.

Not only can you stop whenever and wherever you want, but you have full control over your mode of transportation.

13. You get to experience the world around you.

There is nothing like the scenery that you observe while driving down roads rarely taken.

14. They're unpredictable.

Whether it be stopping in a cute town because of a blown tire or getting lost and discovering a new favorite destination, unpredictability leads to adventure.

15. There’s better food.

One of the best parts of traveling is finding the hole in the wall restaurants that offer some of the best cuisine that you would never get to experience traveling on an airplane.