The Recognition That My Mom Deserves

The Recognition That My Mom Deserves

I'll never be able to repay my mom for all that she's done for me, my siblings, and all other live's she's ever touched. But she does deserve all the recognition of everything she's done.

333
The Recognition That My Mom Deserves

My mom has always been the type of person who has put other people before herself. She's the type of person you want on your side to get things done. You give her a task, there is no doubt she will get it done, and exceed your expectations. Don't ever tell her she can't do something because she will prove you wrong. I truly don't know what I'd do without her. She's always been there for me, putting my needs before hers.

Her selflessness goes back to when I was a baby. To make a very long story short, I was born with a medical illness that was not common at the time, which meant doctors knew very little of it. However the pain and agony I experienced was too much for my mom to take by just merely "ignoring it" or trusting that "it'd go away," these were the things that she was repeatedly told by doctor after doctor. As a matter of fact, it did not go away, it only got worse. My mother, being the woman she is, took it upon herself to do something about it and seek the medical treatment I needed. It was not easy work -- months and months of research, contacting doctors, and finding other families experiencing the same thing -- but my mom finally was finding answers. This led to the establishment of a nationally known organization, with the mission of helping families find the resources that my mom never had the luxury of having at her finger tips. This organization is now globally helping families and provided the resources that were once not so easy to get a hold of. My mom's efforts to find help and answers for me has now had a worldwide impact to help others. She's never once asked for recognition of this.

Fast forward a few years, my little brother is in third grade. He was having a hard time in school and my mom decided it would be in his best interest to home school him. She homeschooled him for two years. During this, she and a few other women banded together to form a charter school. Originally opening in 2013, as a K-6 school, this school has now grown into a high school. Starting out renting facilities from local churches and using trailers, the school now has its own location. Without my mom, my brother, and all the other hundreds of students in attendance, would not have a school designed for their benefit and their success. My mom never once asked for an acknowledgment of her hard work to get this school started and be as successful as it is today.

My mom has always been the type of woman who is passionate about helping others. She has never asked for anything in return. In my eyes, she deserves all the acknowledgment! I wish I could give my mom everything she deserves. She's never gotten paid for anything she's done, its all been for the benefit of others. If I could I'd give my mom the world. I'd give her the ability to travel the world and see whoever, whenever she wants. I'd meet all financial means she'd ever need. I'd give my mom the world.

I'll never be able to repay my mom for all that she's done for me, my siblings, and all of the other lives she's ever touched. But she does deserve all the recognition for everything she's done. I love you, Mom, I don't know what I'd do without you. Just know that all you do is truly appreciated!