10 Reasons Why I Can't Wait To Move Back To College

Oh college, how I've missed you!

56
UTC

Don't get me wrong, I love being home for the summer but I probably speak for most college students when I say that I am truly thrilled to go back. To all of those embarking on your college journey soon, just know, that you will fall in love with not only your college town, but the life that you build there. If you're currently in college, I hope that you can relate to these, but if you're not I hope you see them as things to look forward to. College is a place to find yourself and build a future so make the most of it, and I promise you won't be disappointed. Although there are probably tons of reason, here are the top 10 reasons why I look forward to returning to college this fall.

1. Chattanooga has literally become the love of my life

If I know one thing, Chattanooga has absolutely stolen my heart! When I first came to college, I never realized that I would enjoy my new home as much as I do. Growing up in a somewhat small town, coming to Chattanooga was major change of pace for me. I went from being bored most days to moving to a place where you literally don't have the chance to get bored. There are enough adventures to last a lifetime in this town, and there is not a doubt that I miss it everyday. From paddle-boarding on the waterfront to walking downtown eating ice-cream, the possibilities are endless and I love every minute of it.

2. Endless amounts of Starbucks

It's actually a miracle that a somewhat small hometown like mine has a Starbucks; however, I live 15 minutes away from it and let's be honest, I'm too lazy to go there nine times out of 10. Oh the joys of having a conveniently placed Starbucks right by the library! My wallet may not love it, but the obsession must be feed. It's a short five minute walk; therefore, I practically live there.

3. Getting to come home to your best friends everyday

Every night can be a sleepover! This past year, I did random roommates and I thankfully got placed with some wonderful girls who grew to become really good friends. However this year, I get to room with three of my sorority sisters, and I can't wait to see what adventures we get ourselves into. My sorority is something that I hold near and dear to my heart so I am thrilled that my sisters will be there with me through every step of the way.

4. Going on random adventures

By random adventures, I don't mean biking or exploring. Random adventures consist of going to Walmart at 11:30 at night to buy stuff to make brownies and cookies. There were many Friday nights where I found me and one of my roommates heading out to Walmart because we were craving sweets.

Going to Walmart five days a week is my specialty so if we want brownies, why wait until tomorrow? Walmart isn't open 24/7 for no reason!

5. Getting to wear whatever I want, wherever I want

Is it even college if you don't wear the same outfits all the time? Yes, I may have wore this shirt on Monday, but the people in my Tuesday/ Thursday class don't know that ...

6. Doing absolutely nothing all day free of judgement

Oh the joys of staying up until 3 a.m. and sleeping in until 2 p.m. because you have nothing to do for the day. No class equals me, plus bed, plus Netflix, plus food. My sleep schedule might be messed up, but it's college so what do you expect? After all, I do pride myself in setting new records for finishing TV show series on Netflix.

7. Eating whatever and whenever I want

Yes, I eat whatever I want when I'm at home, but I can sense that my parents are secretly judging how much food I eat. In college, no one judges you if you order a whole medium pizza for yourself or if you eat Chick-fil-A for every meal of the day. If you want to buy nothing but junk food at the grocery store you are an adult so go right ahead (I would not recommend unless you embrace the Freshman fifteen).

8. Getting practically no sleep

Here's to all those late nights that turned into early mornings spent talking and hanging out with friends. These are the moments that you truly miss when you're not in school, and these are probably some of my fondest memories thus far of college. I can sleep when I'm dead, am I right?

9. Getting to see this everyday

Pretty sure a view like this is self-explanatory ... I mean who wouldn't want to see this beautiful view everyday? This beats the plain, boring views of my hometown.

10. Being with my second family

The last and most important reason why I can't wait to be back at college is to be reunited with the people who aren't just my friends, but my second family. After going our separate ways for the summer, I can't wait to see all the beautiful faces of my sorority sisters. I wish I had a picture that had all of them in it, because they are truly my rock. They may just seem like friends for most people, but Gamma Phi Beta is my home away from home. These women give me more than I can ever imagine, and I can't wait to see what the year brings us!

I assume you survived reading to this point, but did I tell you that I miss college??