10 Realities That Extremely Organized People Know Too Well | The Odyssey Online

10 Realities That Extremely Organized People Know Too Well

There is a place for everything and everything in its place.

21
Women's Day

While being organized is incredibly convenient in most situations, it can be both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, you know exactly where everything is and you are never fumbling around trying to get things together, but on the other hand, people write you off as a psychopath when you yell at them for moving something or simply asking why everything is color-coded. Here are some realities that extremely organized people know all too well.

1. Your planner is literally your holy grail.

If it's not in the planner, nine times out of 10 you aren't doing it. If your planner were to go missing, lets just say that your life would crumble to pieces.

That spiral little book contains all the major details of your day-to-day life spelled out in a color-coded fashion, and that pleases your soul to no end.

2. Folders on your iPhone home screen are a must.

People often grab your phone, see the page full of folders, and immediately ask, " Where is your camera..." To you the folders are a must, and without them you have no idea where any apps are. Where is the photo app...oh, there's a folder for that.

3. Everything is color-coded.

From your closet to your planner, everything must be color-coded. People take one look at your closet, and question how you find anything but having everything by color actually makes finding things easier.

Don't even get me started on the color coding system of my planner... Everything has a specific pen in a specific color, and that apparently blows peoples' minds. After all, it's not rocket science.

4. Everything is timed, down to the minute.

Great, if I had just fixed my hair a little faster, I would not have been three minutes late for class.

When it comes down to it, everyday tasks turn into scheduled events with an allotted time to complete them. No matter what it is, you are constantly mapping out how long it will take you to complete it.It's like trying to accomplish everything you have to do before the microwave reaches 0.

5. You know when someone has been in your room.

As soon as you walk into your room, you can tell someone has been in it. If your mother has put away your laundry you can tell, because she didn't place it in the correct color area or she didn't fold it in the exact same way as you typically do. Everything in your room has a specific spot, and if anything is out of place, you might as well considered your room a mess.

6. Your laptop might as well be a filing cabinet.

A desktop full of free-floating icons and documents is a big no no. Folders are made for a reason; therefore, things should be organized in them accordingly. How could you possibly find something in this sea of icons? The thought of not having files organized within folders stresses me out.

7. Rearranging and organizing things are a common pass time.

Sometimes moving a couple of things around makes a whole area feel more organized. No matter how organized your life is, you will always find something that needs to be organized more. It seems nerdy, but organizing becomes a game for you.

8. Everything has a routine.

From morning to night, you have your everyday routines, and breaking routine equals an off day. There is a set order in which everything must be completed and you're doing it wrong if you are not going in order.

9. Mess is not in your vocabulary.

What is this mess you speak of ? Mess is not an option for you, mess equals distress. Organized chaos does not exist; therefore, organized is the only way of life.

10. It's so worth it.

At the end of the day, being organized is worth the hassle. You never randomly misplace one of your shoes, you always receive compliments on how clean your car is, and your life is a little less stressful overall.