10 Misconceptions That May Prove We Live In a Parallel Universe

The Mandela Effect has changed our perceptions.

762
Disney Wikia
“Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?” – Snow White

Have you ever had a memory that was so vivid that you swear by anything it is true? However, then you come to realize that what you thought was actually wrong? If so, you may be experiencing the Mandela Effect. The Mandela Effect is a conspiracy theory of parallel universes based on the idea that large groups of people have similar alternative memories regarding certain past events. The conspiracy theory is rooted in the widespread belief that Nelson Mandela died in a South African prison in the 1990’s. However, as we know today, Mandela died on Dec. 5, 2013. How then, do so many people have the same incorrect remembrance that Mandela died in prison? Many believe that it is a result of the Mandela Effect.

The Mandela Effect is explained in many different ways. However, one of the most common explanations is that there are parallel universes that we travel through, unbeknownst to us. Under this theory, in one universe Mandela may have died in a South African prison as many people "remember." However, those who have this incorrect remembrance may have traveled into another parallel universe in which Mandela was still alive, and therefore died in 2013. Another explanation is time travel. Many of those who believe in the Mandela Effect believe that there are time travelers who went back in time and changed things from how we remembered them. Both of these explanations seem impossible, but these common controversies may convince you otherwise.

1. The Queen in "Snow White" never says, “Mirror, Mirror on the wall.”

Contrary to popular belief, the Queen in the movie "Snow White" never says “Mirror, Mirror on the wall,” but rather says, “Magic Mirror on the wall.” Even after that, many believe the line to say, “Who’s the fairest of them all?” However, the line actually asks, “Who’s the fairest one of all?”

2. "We Are The Champions" by Queen does not end with "... of the world."

When singing the popular song “We Are The Champions,” many of us end the song by singing, "... of the world." However, when listening to the song the last line is “We are the champions” and then the song ends. For those of us who remember it ending “of the world” the silence at the end of the song doesn’t seem right.

3. Forest Gump says, “Life was like a box of chocolates.”

When quoting the famous line from "Forest Gump," many remember it being: “Mama always said, ‘Life is like a box of chocolates.’” However, in looking back at the movie clip, Gump actually says, “Mama always said, ‘Life was like a box of chocolates.’”

4. Mister Rogers famous theme song starts with “It’s a beautiful day in this neighborhood.”

All of us remember old Mister Rogers from when we were younger. However, do you remember singing along to his theme song with the lyrics: “It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood” or “It’s a beautiful day in this neighborhood”? In looking back at clips from the show, the latter is correct, but that isn’t how many remember it.

5. The famous TV show isn’t called “Sex in the City.”

For those of you who lived throughout the 90’s, many people recall the popular show starring Sarah Jessica Parker being called “Sex in the City.” However, the show is actually called “Sex and the City.”

6. "The Berenstain Bears" was never "The Berenstein Bears."

One of the biggest results of the Mandela Effect; many believe that at some point in time the famous family of bears was "The Berenstein Bears." However, the show today is called "The Berenstain Bears." The craziest part about this is that there’s proof that it was once called "The Berenstein Bears."

7. Sketchers is actually spelled Skechers.

How is it possible that after wearing Skechers all throughout our childhood we can misspell the brand? Despite the fact that many of us recall wearing Sketchers as a kid, the brand is actually called Skechers.

8. The tip of Pikachu’s tail isn’t black.

Despite the fact that many of us spent countless hours playing Pokémon as kids, there is a common misconception regarding Pikachu’s appearance. Many believe that the tip of Pikachu’s tail is black. However, if you Google an image of Pikachu, all images of Pikachu prove that belief to be wrong.

9. KitKat doesn’t have a dash in it (Kit-Kat).

Some people remember there being a dash in the name of the popular candy. However, KitKat doesn’t have a dash in it.

10. The Monopoly Man, Rich Uncle Pennybags, doesn’t have a monocle.

Although some people swear Rich Uncle Pennybags has a monocle, he does not. However, how can such a popular game be misconstrued by so many people?