The Pope Is In Town: Olivia Pope, That Is...Scandal Returns. | The Odyssey Online

The Pope Is In Town: Olivia Pope, That Is...Scandal Returns.

The premiere of season five of Scandal has arrived: take a look at comprehensive outlook on all things Scandal.

61

This Thursday, September 24, at 9|8 c, millions of gladiator fans will end their four month Scandal hiatus and join together to watch the season five premiere of Scandal.

Kicking off the comeback of the TGIT (Thank God It’s Thursday) saga, A.K.A. Shonda Rhymes’ ABC takeover night, viewers like you, will be glued to their television screens for three consecutive hours.

While Grey’s Anatomy and How to Get Away With Murder are exceptionally-produced, nothing beats the elegance of Olivia Pope, the twisted and sinister persona of Huck, the steamy relationships among the cast, and the weekly anticipation the show gives its viewers.

All things Kerry.

"Mirror Mirror On The Wall, Who Is The Best Chick On the National Mall?" Olivia Pope.

Any Scandal follower knows that Kerry Washington, multi-award winning actress, diligently plays the role of the compelling and determined, Olivia Pope. What viewers may not know, is that Washington bada**, is just as fierce in real life.

1. Washington actually attended college a few blocks from the White House at George Washington University, on an acting scholarship. So filming a show based in DC is right up her alley.
  2. Kerry was an R.A. in Thurston Hall, the university’s largest and craziest freshman dorm.
  3. She is the cousin of former Secretary of State, Colin Powell. It appears, something about politics runs in the family.
  4. She secretly married her husband in 2013, NFL player, Nnamdi Asomugha.
  5. She is the first African-American female to lead in a network drama show in the past 40 years.
  6. She got her drivers license in her mid-twenties.
  7. Washington produced Common's music video for his hit single "I Want You" in 2007.
  8. She does not drink coffee or alcohol. The wine is purely an on-screen, Olivia Pope trademark. However, she really does like popcorn.
  9. She saves the world offscreen as well. She is an activist against domestic violence and violence against women. She is even a board member for VDay.org.

Scandal Moments in Season Four That Just Made You Say… “What?”

1. That time Olivia used her impressive brain and figured out that Russell, her long time boy-toy, was actually hired by Papa Pope.
  2. When Huck aka Diego Munoz admitted to B613
  3. When you realize that Cyrus’ life is awful. If regularly receiving death threats is not enough, Cyrus Beene is constantly at the center of political corruption and scandal. He loses his husband, James Novak. He hates children and is left to raise a child alone, and to top it off, he is basically forced to marry Michael, a male prostitute. Say what?
  4. That time when Olivia was kidnapped in a matter of four seconds, was kept in an undisclosed compound, became the center of the worlds attention, and then was "sold" out of her captivity in a billion dollar auction.
  5. The moment that Quinn figured out it was Huck was working for Command, and he was the one who killed all of those people on the bus.. seriously what the Huck was he thinking?

The Most Powerful Quotes

"I am not a toy that you can play with when you're bored or lonely or horny. I am not the girl the guy gets at the end of the movie. I am not a fantasy. If you want me, earn me! Until then, we are done." - Olivia Pope

"You may be an animal, but I am a monster. And I am much more terrifying than you can ever imagine." - Cyrus Beene

“You’ve raised your skirt and opened your knees and gave it away to a man with too much power. You’re not rare, you’re not special, your story is no different than a thousand other stories in this town. So you know how this goes, you can call this in your sleep. First they’ll smile, be warm, sympathetic, on your side, letting you know they will fight for you. Then they’ll lull you into a false sense of security and then once your belly is exposed they will gut you and everyone that you know." -Rowan Pope

"Are we gladiators, or are we bitches?" - Harrison

"You come in, I hear how I’m failing you, I yell, you yell, I feel guilty for yelling at the mother of my children, I apologize, you’re cold, and then you leave. Can we skip right to you leaving?" - Fitz Grant

"Just to be clear, I am the hell and high water." -Rowan Pope
"I am many things, stupid is not one of them." -Olivia Pope

Whether you are #teamFitz or #teamJake, expect to pour yourself a large glass of wine, prepare a large bowl of popcorn, and sit on the edge of your seat this Thursday for the long awaited season five premiere. The Pope has officially returned.