To The One Who Doesn't Party On Saturday Nights | The Odyssey Online

To The One Who Doesn't Party On Saturday Nights

Here are four alternatives for the one who would rather stay in.

155

"College is the one time in your life to party", they said for the 783rd time.

Yes, I am sure you have heard it before, and I am sure you will hear it again, college is the time of our lives to get out, have fun, and well, party. To be honest, this is the norm, every Monday when school is back in session, you could hear people in class discussing their latest "adventure" after heading to a party downtown. By no means, is this what EVERY college student is doing, but it is pretty common, because we have been told that this is the time of our lives to "have fun".

Now I am by no means shaming anyone who does like to go out. Also, it is more than possible to go out, and not get drunk on a weekly basis, I am aware of that. However, for those who don't go out every week because they actually don't want to, they could often hear terms like, "you just don't get it", "you are missing out", or "why can't you just suck it up."

To be honest, odds are the one not attending a party does not feel like they are missing out on the fun, because what is happening at the party is not "fun" to them at all.

This one is for the people who have a different idea of fun, who don't necessarily want to go out every Saturday night and would quite honestly rather see a movie or go get some ice cream. Going to a party every weekend is not a requirement to be a college student.

For the one who doesn't want to go out on a Saturday night, here are some alternatives, do not feel ashamed of your desire to stay inside, it is more than alright. Just like someone may have made the choice to go out, you made the choice to stay in, and there is no shame in that.

1. Grab a fuzzy blanket and have a movie night.

Whether by yourself or with a friend, you will not regret having a night in your pj's. Watching a movie in the comfort of your own home is extremely relaxing.

2. Game night never fails.

Sick of being forced to socialize? Ask your family and friends to partake in some competition. Play some games, watch some game shows, the opportunities are endless.

3. Take a late night trip to a local dessert place.

Let's be real, this does not have to be on Saturday only. Go grab some ice cream or a donut no matter what day of the week it is.

4. Do something you have always been passionate about.

If you are sick of the party seen and have always loved writing, then write. If you like photography, start the photography website. If you love to read, but haven't in a year, do it. Now is your chance to do some catching up.

If your friend says that they would rather stay in, they probably aren't as "weird" as you think. Sometimes people just need some time to themselves or time to catch up on their lives.