An Open Letter To My Best Friend Back Home | The Odyssey Online

An Open Letter To My Best Friend Back Home

Miles could never keep us apart.

446
Deviant Art

Dear Best Friend,

I haven't forgot about you. How could I? You're my day one. I know sometimes you want to strangle me when I seem to be ignoring you, but the truth is I miss you all the time.

I miss you every day. Now that we don't get to spend every day together like we used to, I find myself missing you more than ever. I'm sorry for the times that I ever seemed to busy for you. Sometimes I get so caught up in my life here at college I neglect those who love me the most. I hope you can forgive me for that, because the truth is you're the only person who truly gets me.

There are a few things I would like to thank you for. Thank you for always being in my corner. No matter what the situation or circumstance, you're always there to back me up. Whenever I try to do something stupid, thank you for calling me out on it. Thank you for pointing out that the guy I like is a total jerk and that I can do better. Thank you for giving me tough love at times, because I know you only have my best interest at heart.

Most of all, thank you for loving me even when I'm a total mess. You've stuck with me through everything, and a friendship like we have is so hard to find. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I hope you know that you'll be my maid of honor at my wedding, that is if I ever actually get a boyfriend. You'll be the godmother of my children, and that's assuming you could put up with little versions of me. You have a hard time putting up with just me right now as it is. I honestly don't know how you do it. I'm literally a huge pain in your butt sometimes, but you still love me. You are such a noble person for this.

I can't wait for summer. I can't wait for us to do whatever we want, whenever we want. We can be carefree, and have fun with no consequences. I believe that thought is what is getting me through this semester.

I miss being able to rant with you, because we always like to gripe about the same things. I miss our trips to Mr. Gatti's. I love that we can still act like were five when were together. From quoting Spongebob to laughing at perverted jokes, we're so much alike it's ridiculous.

You are such a strong and beautiful person, and I hope you know that. You deserve the world, and I know one day you'll have it. I love that you have a guy who loves you as much as I do, because that means you have two people who only want the best for you. I hope you get everything in life you want, and I hope I am always apart of your life. I'll always be here for you. I love you.

Love,

The Friend Who Misses You Most