It's OK Not To Be OK

It's OK Not To Be OK

Ideally, everyone wants to be perfect. However, reality makes this almost impossible accomplish.

13
It's OK Not To Be OK
Kelsey Douglas

This is a concept that I still have a hard time understanding sometimes. How could it be OK to be falling apart? How could it be OK to not have everything together? How could it be OK to not be OK?

Knowing when it's OK to not be OK is a tricky thing to learn, and the first step to learning this is to address the fact you are struggling. Whether you are struggling with your classes, struggling to lose weight, struggling at making new friends in a new place, there is a solution. Keeping this in mind is what will truly bring you success.

Ask for Help.

Coming from someone who constantly feels the need to be independent, I know how hard this can be sometimes. I don't want to look desperate and needy and sometimes I even think that asking for help makes me look stupid or like I am incapable of surviving on my own. However, it's not that serious. It is OK to need help. Don't be afraid to reach out to your friends and family when you need an extra hand on a project, when you need advice on something that is bothering you, or maybe even when you need someone to simply listen to you complain about how terrible your week has been.

Stay True to Yourself.

Staying true to yourself can be seen in various ways. One important way to keep that awareness is to stay true to your emotions. A lot of times, I try to keep how I am feeling inside a secret. I like to ignore when I am in a season of sadness or anger. This is such an unhealthy way to live. If you can't be true to your own emotions, this will affect how you show yourself to others that in return will affect your relationships with friends and family. Trying to conceal your feelings all the time won't make it easy to make new relationships either. It's OK to not be happy all the time.

Another important part of staying true to yourself is knowing that it's OK to stand up for the things you believe in. Your passions are what make you, you. Interested in technology? Stay connected. Interested in politics? Participate in a debate. Interested in health and fitness? Get active. Whatever your passion may be, find it and fly with it! The real way a person learns is through their own personal growth and experiences.

Lastly, Pray.

Pray when it feels like the world is falling apart around you. Pray when you can't seem to do anything right. Pray because you have no idea what's next in this crazy adventure called life. God has ultimate control and power over all things which means if you need some extra guidance or strength, he's your man. Even on my darkest days when it really seems like life is never going to be right again, I know everything in the end will really be OK, because God has good intentions for me. He has everything mapped out perfectly even when it's hard to see what good can come out of a terrible situation.

Remember, it's OK not to be OK. Also, you aren't alone my friend. We are all on the struggle bus together.