Nathan's Take: Land Of The Spree | The Odyssey Online

Nathan's Take: Land Of The Spree

Sexual Frustration = Annihilation

28
Nathan's Take: Land Of The Spree
YouTube

Americans have to make a list of all the reasons we have heard over years of why young men with guns use them in mass shootings. Things like:

- Violent video games

- Poor mental health care

- Bad parents

- Marilyn Manson

- Lack of prayer in school

- Prozac

- Bullying

- And that time the President got blown and didn't go to jail.

Then, we have to get real on what it really is. They can't get laid. Yes, they may have been on Prozac because they were feeling blue, but something else was blue; their balls.

Looking back at a massacre that happened at an Oregon college, the least surprising thing about the shooter is that he wrote a manifesto saying that he was going to die girlfriendless and a virgin. On a dating website that he was on called Spiritual Singles, he described himself as a "conservative Republican who lives with his parents," and swipe left. The shooter at the UC Santa Barbara tragedy left us with these words :

"I'm 22 years old and I'm still a virgin. I've never even kissed a girl. I've been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I'm still a virgin. It has been very torturous. College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex and fun and pleasure. Within those years, I've had to rot in loneliness. It's not fair."

The words above are either a cry for help or the worst eHarmony profile I have ever read. The Virginia Tech shooter was accused of following and harassing female students. Timothy McVeigh famously never had a date and almost certainly died a virgin. The Sandy Hook shooter left a document on his computer explaining why females are inherently selfish. Yes, there selfish because they won't give it up to a real catch like that.

This is a pattern I very rarely see discussed on cable news. Mass killers are almost always male and almost always women repellant. What must make it worse for them are issues of sex in America. Yeah, because if you live in America, it just always looks like everyone is getting laid all the time. Every corner of social media is full of bragging studs and sexy selfies. Every other line on every sitcom is sexual innuendo. Every billboard, pop-up, movie......Carl's Jr. ads are practically soft core porn. A model deep throating a hamburger? Yeah, like models eat like that. How can you not be thinking of sex all the time when advertising screams sex right at you?

I don't know for a fact that no man in history has ever said, "sex, sex, sex, that's all I ever do. Where's my gun? I'm mad at the world," I just know it's true. Unrealized adolescent sexuality can be very dangerous. We need to wake up and smell the testosterone. The reason behind so many of these mass shootings has been right in our face, throbbing angrily. If you think young men in America are throbbing angrily, what would you estimate the sexual frustration level to be of a young man growing up only seeing women who dress like this?