Movies to Look Out For in 2016

Movies to Look Out For in 2016

You can find me at your local theater.

21
Movies to Look Out For in 2016

If your New Year's Resolutions involve going to the movies more, then you are my kind of person. Going to the movies is a great way to spend time with family, friends, and significant others. Whether you're looking to go on a date with your sister or have your latest boyfriend take you to the theater, you definitely need to be on the lookout for these movies in 2016.

How To Be Single

This romcom is based off the book, "How To Be Single," and is starring the hilarious Rebel Wilson. It is about a group of single friends living in New York City and learning how to be single the right way. Look for it in theaters this February.

Eddie The Eagle

This inspirational movie is based off of the life of Olympic skier Michael Edwards. Eddie overcomes disabilities and other challenges to become Great Britain's first ski jumper to enter the winter Olympics. Look for this film this February.

Allegiant

The action packed third movie in the Divergent series comes out this March. In the final movie we see Tris and Four go outside of the fence, and learn more about their lives than they expected.

Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Batman and Superman go head to head in DC’s new film, where we also get to meet Wonder Woman. Batman takes on Superman when he fears the Superman isn’t checking his actions, and new threat also arises. See the superheroes fight it out this March.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

Following the families that became one in the first My Big Fat Greek Wedding, we watch Toula and Ian deal with their own marital problems, plus they are handling their teenage daughter, on top of a bigger and fatter Greek wedding. Get caught up on this Greek family this March.

Captain America: Civil War

In Marvel’s latest film, we will see Iron Man and Captain America fighting one another when the government gets involved with the Avenger’s and their friends. The Avengers are divided in this film, as will our hearts when we have to choose between Captain America and Iron Man. Watch the Marvel heroes this May.

Snowden

This film takes us on the journey of Edward Snowden’s life, the man that leaked thousands of classified documents that belonged to the United States government to the press. See this movie staring Joseph Gordon-Levitt this May.

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising

The sequel to the first Neighbors movie, we follow Kelly and Mac Radner and watch them take on a sorority, who moved into the former fraternity house next door. The comedy staring Seth Rogan, Selena Gomez, Dave Franco and many others will be out this May.

Finding Dory

Move over kids, because the theaters will be packed with college-aged kids coming to see this sequel to Finding Nemo. In this Pixar movie we see Dory and her friends reunite Dory with her loved ones, and of course everyone learns more about family and friendship along the way. Swim to theaters to see this movie this June.

The Jungle Book

This film is the live action version of Disney’s animated film from the 1960s. We see a young boy being raised by a bear, a black panther, and a pack of wolves. Relive one of your childhood movies this April.

Now You See Me 2

The sequel to the first Now You See Me takes us back to The Four Horsemen, where we watch them fight to clear their names, of course while pulling off insane heists. Reunite with the Robin Hood-like crew this June.

The Legend of Tarzan

Another one of Disney’s films comes to life when we see Tarzan come home to the jungle after becoming used to the life of London. Follow Tarzan back to the jungle this July.

Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters takes a twist when the crew becomes female, and of course, they are taking on the paranormal world. Check out this revamped version of the original Ghostbusters this July.

Suicide Squad

This DC Comic movie creates a secret government agency compromised of super villains, where they execute dangerous tasks to try to get shorter prison sentences. See The Joker and his team this August.

Doctor Strange

Marvel releases the long waited Doctor Strange film this November. This film will follow a brilliant surgeon whose career was destroyed and his new lease on life when a sorcerer teaches him to defend the world against evil.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

This prequel to the Harry Potter series comes out this November, where we get to see Newt Scamander’s adventures with New York’s secret community of witches and wizards 70 years before Harry and his friends read about Newt in school.