How To Kick The Mid-Semester Blues

How To Kick The Mid-Semester Blues

Turn that frown upside down.

29
How To Kick The Mid-Semester Blues

It's always in the second semester of a college student's life that just drags on. It feels like it's never going to end and that makes most people feel overwhelmed. For some reason, the second semester is always harder than the first. You are finally back in your routine and the classes are harder, all you wish that would happen is that you would be done. That it would be summer break where you could just work, travel, see people and just enjoy yourself.

Instead, you're locked in a room studying constantly, going over flashcards, notes and any other material you have just to pass this one exam. So that hopefully, your grade point average (GPA) doesn't drop, that way you can keep your scholarship you've worked so hard for. There's just more pressure.

It's like this never-ending anchor that keeps pulling you down, sinking you further and further into the water and making it harder to breathe. That is why it is better to just stay focused and push through. It will be worth it.

1. Save some personal time

Trust me it will be a life saver. Instead of always focusing on what you need to do every second of every day. Yes, it is true you could use that time to finish that last assignment but what is better for you is to maybe watch that TV show you wanted to catch up on. Then go back to your long hours of studying.

2. Remember, it's just a test

Yes, tests are important and they can make or break your grades but it is not the end of the world. Classes are made to retake and improve on. The important part of college is learning and understanding. Not what you get on one test.

3. Explore more

At a time where all you can think about is how many exams you have to study for the next day, it is important to take the time to plan a mini vacation. That way once you're done with those tests you will have an exciting plan to reward yourself. Plus, exploring is good for the soul and will help expand your information on the beautiful country we live in.

4. Take a breath, it will all be okay

This will be the biggest and best piece of advice you will ever receive. That's all you will ever need to do in college or in life. Just breathe, because nothing in this life is worth the worry. If you do the studying and the right amount of work, you will be okay.

All in all, midterm blues are a common case when it comes to a typical college student. It is completely normal and that is why there are so many other things in this life to worry about, don't make this one something extremely important. Just live your life, and enjoy it.