4 Things I'm Looking Forward To When I Get Home

I've been in L.A. too long

62

I've been in Los Angeles and haven't gone back to the East Coast since August 18th. That's a long time away from home, longer than I'm used to. Every semester I usually go home at least once just to see my parents and say hello to my cat, but this semester I've stayed in Los Angeles and haven't gone home to New Jersey.

Here are 4 things I'm looking forward to when I get back to The Dirty Jerz.

1. Familiar Roadways

I've been relying on GPS to get me basically everywhere out in California. There's nothing more satisfying than knowing where you're going, especially when you know how to get down the shore without any help. I'm ready to know the roads I drive on and I'm ready to drive the shortcuts that only locals know.

2. Knowing Where the Closest ____ Is

As is always the case in a new place, I don't know where the closest Starbucks is which is a problem. In fact, when I need to go anywhere, I need to look up where the closest one is. I'll love knowing where the nearest grocery store and mall is when I go home. I can't wait to get back to the familiar.

3. Driving my Car

I've been driving an electric Fiat500e for the past few months and while that car is great, I will not miss making trips to various mall parking lots to charge it. I'm ready to pay $2.80 per gallon for gas and drive it all around without fear of the electric engine breaking down. I'm also ready to pack my car full of my friends and take trips around Jersey since my electric Fiat can only carry one other person comfortably.

4. Being with my family

After all of those smaller things, I'm so ready to be with my favorite people on the planet.