A Letter To Those Who Want The Answers To Life | The Odyssey Online

A Letter To Those Who Want The Answers To Life

Learning to let go throughout uncertainty.

13

This letter is directed to those who are in that college season of life with me, but everyone can get something out of this.

We’re considered adults now. You’ve chosen your major, you may be involved in organizations, and everyday you’re either going to class, work, or studying to earn a degree. The true definition of an adult, right? It can be a lot, and it can get old going through the motions really quickly. In the back of your head, you might have thoughts like, “Do I really want to do this for the rest of my life?” "Is college even for me?" or, “Is the time I spend being involved in organizations really going to make me stand out from somebody who went to Harvard?” We get so confused about things that seemed to be the handwriting on the wall when we first started. I want to ensure you that it is normal to second-guess your whole life right now. This is a learning season, and you don’t have to have all of the answers right now. Yes, you might have more peace of mind if you knew your next move in life, but at the end of the day, don’t be afraid to fail, and don’t feel like you have to continue a certain path the moment you start it.

God has a plan for each and every one us. His plan might be different than yours, but to save yourself the stress of uncertainty, quiet your mind. Ask him. Talk to him. Follow your heart, and know that anything you do is not all on your shoulders but on the one who holds your future. Don’t join an organization you don’t have passion for just to be able put it in on your resume. Don’t take a million classes to keep up with your friends to make it seem like you’re an overachiever. Do what you need to do, and be content. Be content with not knowing exactly what your career will be, or if you’ll meet your future spouse in college.

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”–Jeremiah 29:11

This is one of my favorite scriptures. We will never have all of the answers, but HE will.