Lake County Fair Prayer

Lake County Fair Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father, please hear our prayer, we the people of the Lake County Fair!

339
Lake County Fair Prayer
Lake County Fair

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please hear our prayer, we the people of the Lake County Fair.

Let your light shine bright, on the 4-H'ers below, as they pray for a Champion at the livestock show.

Let Your mercy be known in the great days of events and let us find seats under shade by tents.

Be the keeper of secrets to what happens to thou, and make me not the washer of the long horned cow.

Bring us joy and sunshine, and not a cloud to murk. Show the sparkle and dazzle of the firework!

To those who lack sleep on this week long stay, bring them smiles and cheers to make the "ZZZZZ's" go away.

Lord bless me with good friends who understand "fair addiction," let them imagine life as a fiction.

Lord you are good in granting my wishes, please grant me now to catch all of the fishes.

Your goodness shines through in all of the exhibits, with tomatoes, and lettuce and all the seedling tid-bits.

Lord, you are humble and kind with your large heart, show the drafts horses teamwork as pull their big cart!

Also grant patience to 4-Her's, and advise no one to tattle, or else they will suffer in the 4-H barn battle.

Show the young, the family time the fair brings, and to rise for the National Anthem as she sings.

Hear my prayer to give me butterflies on the ride as it flings me around, hear my prayer that laughter, to my ear, the only sound.

However, I wish that the trucks lined up tight, will be the attraction and a tempting sight.

Give safety to those gassing through the mud, let them not end with a whistle and thud.

God in your hands we are equals here, let the opinion of the judge show and appear.

With blueberry pies, lemon squares and a chocolate tart, fill the fine arts buildings with quilts made form the heart.

As the fair goes on, carry though all the moments, give us the courage to get on and just "own it!"

If in your works, Lord, I ask you this, please let the storm cloud blow over and miss.

And remember the horseman who come in for two nights. Allow them to fly and soar to high heights.

Let their moments just glide and grant their horses a far slide.

Lord Lake County has history to share, so please guide the people to not litter, and care.

In 10 days and 9 nights thou's neighbor may 'spute, remind us we are all family, grown from the same root.

Lord show us the way to respect the fairgrounds, and those who call it home will want to stick around.

Make us gloat in fair food and elephants ears galore, let us not worry about how the fair makes us poor.

Lord your love is as large as the grand champion pumpkin weight, and thus with your help we can show the whole state.

Show the state of Indiana who rules the roost, and give the community togetherness a boost.

Here in my prayer I may ask a lot, but in all technicality, you make it hot.

So Lord as I end my very long prayer, I hope you make the best of Lake County Fair!