Young Artist Khalid Is Making Moves In The Music Industry | The Odyssey Online

Young Artist Khalid Is Making Moves In The Music Industry

Time will tell what the future holds for this young, talented artist.

503
onehispanic

Khalid is young singer/songwriter that created the song everyone is raving about, "Location." The 19-year-old singer/songwriter Khalid (pronounced “Kuh-leed”) is originally from El Paso, Texas. His name has been buzzing for quite some time now. As time goes on, more and more people are hearing about this talented young artist. Khalid has a very organic following that goes hard for him. He is always interactive with his fanbase on social media and cares about his fans.

Khalid released his debut album “ American Teen"earlier this year in March. He has seen a great deal of success in recent months prior to releasing the album. "American Teen” peaked at number nine on the US Charts and number three on the US R&B Charts. While these are incredible accomplishments for Khalid’s career, this is only the beginning.

At a young age, he has caught the attention of many talented musicians such as Calvin Harris, Logic, and many more. He is being noticed by some great artists because he has some incredible talent. It only takes one person to her a song and spread it around the world. Khalid moved from New York to El Paso, Texas for his senior year of high school. On his graduation day, Kylie Jenner was playing his song on her Snapchat. The song took off and it caught the eye of the many labels. Soon after, Khalid signed a record deal with RCA Records.

Time will tell what the future holds for this young, talented artist. Khalid has the potential to completely take over the music industry. I always love seeing young artists make an impact in the industry and Khalid is doing just that. His work ethic and authenticity will keep his name floating around for quite some time. In a recent tweet, he said, “My music isn't for everybody but the thing is, it's not supposed to be for everybody. I have fun doing this shit, I'm never stopping.” With that being said, it’s easy to see that he wants to be making music for a while. He is on his way to many sold out shows and platinum records.

Every artist has fans that continuously ask when his new music is coming. Keep in mind that Khalid just dropped his debut album in March. In the meantime, he has released a remix to “Location” featuring Kehlani and Lil Wayne and a remix to “Let’s Go” featuring GoldLink. These remixes have helped get Khalid’s music out there to larger audiences. In addition, Calvin Harris has released a single that features Khalid and Future. The smooth track is going to be a summer hit along with the tracks from " American Teen".

If you haven’t listened to Khalid’s music yet, stop sleeping and click that play button! His music in unlike anyone else in the industry and it’s simply amazing. It is refreshing to hear music so authentic and original as his because that cannot be found very much today. Be sure to follow him on Twitter @thegreatkhalid and Instagram @thegr8khalid