Why Every Woman Should Cut Her Hair Short At Least Once

Short hair, don't care.

511

As women, our hair is very important to us. We use it to express who we are and how we feel. As a college student, I have seen a lot of girls with long Brazilian hair and I was curious as to why I don't see pixie cuts on campus. I know that a lot of women are afraid of cutting their hair short because they think they won't look as feminine or maybe they'll look like a member of the Beatles? I'm here to call B.S. I'll be honest, I was skeptical about cutting my hair short. When I was younger, my mom cut off all of my hair and gave me a mullet and I'm still a bit haunted by it.

When I first cut 10 inches off my hair two years ago, I noticed a major difference. Not just in my appearance, but in how I felt about myself. My long hair wasn't doing anything for me and I decided, on a whim, to chop it all off. I feel like I finally found the haircut that makes me feel like me. I encourage all of my friends to cut their hair short and see how they like it. Here are a few key points I would like to make about why short hair is awesome.

Cost Efficient

You save so much money on hair product. My bottle of conditioner lasted me a whole semester! My shampoo lasted me A YEAR.

Saves Time

Short hair is low maintenance. You can roll out of bed, run a brush through it, and go. Or don't run a brush through it and rock the sexy bed head look. Showers are also a lot quicker when you don't have all that length to shampoo. And no more sweaty blowdrying!

Easy to be active

No more whipping pony tails or loose hairbands, just throw some bobby pins or a headband and go pound out that run.

Weather's not an issue

You can go to the park on a windy day and not have to worry about your 'do. It won't hit you in the face or get tangled. Not to mention, short hair is a lot less likely to get stuck on your lip gloss. So roll down those windows and drive, girl!

No more shedding

With short hair, you will not find long strands of hair in clothing or all over your sheets. You can run your fingers through it as much as you want and it won't get caught in them. And if you have a habit of picking your split ends, you will no longer be tempted.

Versatile

You can dress short hair up or down. Both ways take no time at all. If you're feeling edgy you can rock the volume, if you're feeling classy, you can slick it back.

Instant fullness

If you have thin hair and would like it to appear much fuller, cut it short. It will automatically fill out and give the illusion that you have thicker hair.

Complete bad-ass

Cutting off all of your hair is a huge change! If you had the courage to cut off all of your locks, you can do anything. When I talked to my friend about cutting my hair, I argued that boys don't like short hair and she said, "Who cares what boys like?! Do what you want to do. Confidence is the sexiest thing about anyone." A lot of girls are afraid of the buzz, but not you!

It grows back!

Hair grows, plain and simple. Why not play around with it and figure out what you like best. There's literally no risk because if you don't like it, it will grow back in a few months, but if you LOVE it, it can change your life.